Thread: GEN Devastator now out in America

Default GEN Devastator now out in America

This would be big news for us here if America got it first and it suggested that it was coming here soon... but I'm still making a note of it as it is a big deal for the bulk of Transformers fans (who live in America), and hopefully it gets enough local coverage here to put off more Scalpers from thinking about snagging them up to sell on ebay, as Americans would be paying double the price. (it's US$150 plus tax at ToysRUs in America)

It may not stop Australians buying the Scalper toys who are afraid that no more are coming to Australia... but trust me, more are on the way to Australia, for BigW and other retailers. Possibly even within a month if we are lucky.
    Then the sales will kick in, and these things will be cheaper than the current BigW pricing.

One thing that's pretty good, as with most of the super-sized Transformers items, our pricing is on par with the American pricing when converted into AU$.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

One thing that's pretty good, as with most of the super-sized Transformers items, our pricing is on par with the American pricing when converted into AU$.
    That is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It may not stop Australians buying the Scalper toys who are afraid that no more are coming to Australia... but trust me, more are on the way to Australia, for BigW and other retailers. Possibly even within a month if we are lucky.
    Then the sales will kick in, and these things will be cheaper than the current BigW pricing.
    I'd very happily pick up another two of them to display in each mode. I was exceptionally happy with the value and quality of the one I got now. I just didn't want to be greedy at the start and put 3 on hold

Any word of shortages on the US side of the Pacific?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I hope that means he isn't far off being released here in Asia... My son nags me EVERY day to see if he is out yet!

I really hope Hasbro HK isn't holding him back because of Ani-Con. If they are I'll have a few choice words to say to them at their booth.