10 66.67%
  • Use reprolabels to save money

0 0%
  • Prefer reprolabels

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reprolabels

Default Reprolabels

I mentioned in the Acquisitions thread that I have been waiting since the middle of march for a reprolabels order. The order was for 2 slag sheets and one Grimlock sheet. After 3+ months, 5 emails and a failed paypal claim (the claim period had expired) they finally came in the mail the other day!

Now the first slag sheet went fully to my loose g2 red slag. In my opinion the toy that I have lived with for 4-5 months is at least 3-4 times as good with correct labels on. But here is the rub... Next to g2 green slag, who I purchased misb, then applied original decal sheet with patience and love... the red one with the reprolabels looks much nicer. The die cutting, stock and especially the colour... the inks are richer and catch the light much better.

A few weeks ago Griffin stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ...I prefer not to use reprolables, so that my TFs are 100% 'pure' or legit. If I start getting into repro-stickers, I'd probably then start buying repro-parts and then other custom stuff. I'm just picky about that sort of stuff I guess...
    And while I cannot fault the size or quality of his collection... I can't help but wonder how much nicer some of his toys could look with fresh reprolabels. So I'm attempting a poll.
    Last edited by d*r*j*; 1st July 2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: mis-spelt griffin

TheDirtyDigger Guest

While I generally prefer reprolabels because, as mentioned, the colours are richer, it's not always the case as some of the metallic coloured stickers aren't as nice or metallic as the original ones.

There's also the convenience factor as original stickers aren't always available and one thing people should be aware of;
    Reprolabels sticker sheets are obvious reproductions as their layout on the sheet is different but there are ebay sellers that sell exact reproductions and pass them off as genuine.

Sucks a bit on your wait time there drj.

I prefer repro labels if the genuine is not available (which is the case most of the time).

Did you seriously wait 3 months to receive these?
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

It's been over two months for me, numerous emails, and still waiting for stickers from them for my Wheeljack and Roadbuster.

I am really hesitant to use them again in the future, unless they fix up their postage issue, or at least allow international sales to use something better than ordinary air mail.

Quote Originally Posted by kristofferrer View Post
    Did you seriously wait 3 months to receive these?
    Yeah, I was very patient... they had moved loctation in that time (or so I've read) and they are pretty notorious for having slow/ delayed international postage. It's one of those things that you try and forget about and get a nice surprise when it shows up. My guess is they forgot to ship with everything going on and only realised till the 4th email. Apparently info@ email address is pretty bad... delta@ was the one that finally worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    ...I am really hesitant to use them again in the future...
    I know exactly what you mean. One thing they have in their favour is that they include both factory and sheet decals most of the time. I have read some good things about tfstickers might try them next... another canadian company.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. One thing they have in their favour is that they include both factory and sheet decals most of the time. I have read some good things about tfstickers might try them next... another canadian company.
    Yeah, I'd give them a try for Jetfire labels, since they are also cheaper than Repro. However they do not have any Roadbuster ones at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Yeah, I'd give them a try for Jetfire labels, since they are also cheaper than Repro. However they do not have any Roadbuster ones at the moment
    I think it's the Canadian thing though... I once ordered repro smokestacks for G1 prime from ages3andup, my order for 2 pairs only contained one pair. I emailed them and ordered 2 more pairs, asking them to also include the missing pair from the first order, and they agreed. It all came good in the end... it was just so much like pulling teeth.

I've ordered some stickers from reprolables, but how do they come envelope or package? I don't want my dad throwing it out thinking it's junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    I've ordered some stickers from reprolables, but how do they come envelope or package? I don't want my dad throwing it out thinking it's junk mail.
    Semi-tough cardboard Envelope.

My stance on reproduction labels is that I will only use them if the bot in question is lacking in major aesthetic quality because it doesn't have any present labels at all. If a transformer in my collection has at least roughly 49% of its original stickers still intact then I would not bother by applying reproduction labels. It has to be below this percentage for me to consider using them.

My opinion on reproduction labels is different from reproduction parts. I am against reproduction parts 99% of the time and I would prefer not to have the parts at all if they are not genuine. It is easier to determine if you're using repro labels than repro parts. Take for example vintage Star Wars action figures. It is sometimes difficult for me to determine out of the action figures weapons that I own which are vintage and which are newer reproductions. Obviously the vintage will be worth something where as the repro's will be next to worthless.