Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Hsss has reversed shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Damn, I thought this was going to be an easy fix. I don't have the necessary skills or patience to do this.

I need to have a corrected version because it looks so much better.

Can I send my Hsss torso to you so you can do it for me?
    You can if you like but keep in mind shipping costs and although I will be extremely careful, I take no responsibility if something does go wrong during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    You can if you like but keep in mind shipping costs and although I will be extremely careful, I take no responsibility if something does go wrong during the process.
    I will have spares once all my deliveries arrive

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I will have spares once all my deliveries arrive
    ok, let me know how you wish to arrange this but just in case, check if all your King Hsss figures have the reversed shoulders. There has been word of some people having the fortune of having their figures 'improperly' assembled with corrected shoulders.

ok, let me know how you wish to arrange this but just in case, check if all your King Hsss figures have the reversed shoulders. There has been word of some people having the fortune of having their figures 'improperly' assembled with corrected shoulders.
    Is this true or is this just people being not that bright?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Is this true or is this just people being not that bright?
    Statistically, it's probably right - the workers get them backwards so often on other MOTUCs that it must only have been a matter of time before it actually worked in someone's favour.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I just finished fixing my King Hsss's reversed shoulders. Although it was fairly straight forward, it wasn't as easy as they made it seem in the video mainly due to a fair bit of effort, a fine hand and common sense required - In other words, some experience with doing this sort of thing is required as the potential for something going wrong is moderate.
    Well done Kup! It looks great! It may seem 'easy' but it takes real talent to do this and not completely screw up the figure!

I'm personally just hoping they'll re-release Hsss in a year or so with corrected shoulders - then I'll just display the one I already have with the snake torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well done Kup! It looks great! It may seem 'easy' but it takes real talent to do this and not completely screw up the figure!

I'm personally just hoping they'll re-release Hsss in a year or so with corrected shoulders - then I'll just display the one I already have with the snake torso.
    Thanks Robzy!

According to Toyguru, if there is a reissue the error will not be corrected as it would require a whole 'development slot' to do so. The only way that he would be released 'corrected' is if they retool the mold as a new release such as a 200X interpretation.

Thinking about it, it wouldn't take much effort to make a 200X Hiss from this mold. All that he needs is a new head, long loin cloth piece (like Carnivus) and that's about it.

I did a modified version of hunter knight's fix (used the microwave and have never had any luck with superglue...) and well. there's not that much of a differenc,except the head is now bobbly as all get out. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I did a modified version of hunter knight's fix (used the microwave and have never had any luck with superglue...) and well. there's not that much of a differenc,except the head is now bobbly as all get out. Hmmm.
    Microwave? That sounds dangerous as the Microwave doesn't heat evenly and can overexcite some particles unevenly causing deformities, specially under the surface. Can I see pics? Mine was a massive improvement after the fix.

the toy looks fine, I think by the torso may have expanded slightly or I was a bit too rough slicing the arm pegs

I placed the torso in a bowl of water and it seemed to work fine to make it pliable.

here's a pic