Page 77 of 195 FirstFirst ... 576772737475767778798081828797 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post

Thanks for the links. I can now confirm that the Transformers I got were in fact Chinese reissues. The most telling is Pounce and Wingspan. I've seen photos of the original Pounce and Wingspans online, and they all had an extra rub-sticker on their chests that indicated whether they turned into Eagles or Jaguars. My copy of those toys didn't have those stickers. Instead, mine only had regular Decepticon logos, similar to the ones described in that guide you sent me.
    Glad I could help, it's so good that you have your figures from back in the day
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

FatalityPitt Guest

Yeah, thanks again.

Unfortunately I've had some casualties back in the day; figures going missing or broken . But for the ones that have survived to this day, they're just too precious to get rid of.

Objectively speaking, Transformers Prime arguably has the best theme music out of all TF series. The original G1 theme was really nothing more than a toy advert jingle and the Beast Wars theme was basically "primal beats" with growls (as much as I love BW I've never been a huge fan of the theme music). This isn't to say that other themes are bad per se, the Masterforce and Victory themes are quite dear to me, as is the KISS Play theme (not a fan of the fiction, but they have nice music ); as are the Car Robot (RIP Wada Koji), Micron Legend, Super Link and Galaxy Force opening and closing songs. But of course these are pop ballads which are nice, but there's just something about orchestral music that is more emotive and timeless. The 80s rock music from TFTM that we all love arguably sounds dated today - when I show it to my students they just laugh at it. But good orchestral music never goes out of style; John Williams is a good example of this. And despite what you think about Bayformers, the live action movies gave us some good scores too, such as the epic "Arrival of the Autobots" score.

One thing that disappoints me with RiD is how they reverted back to the toy jingle G1 lyrics and tune, only minimalised (chorus removed), and the digitalisation of the voice just makes it sound tacky IMO. Not a fan of the RiD theme at all.

Hopefully this is just a toy damaged at the factory and not the result of a kid trying to take a souvenir home by breaking off the head of a Knight Armor Optimus...

A few weeks ago I saw a TR Wheelie that had been opened with ONE leg stolen. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A few weeks ago I saw a TR Wheelie that had been opened with ONE leg stolen. Really?
    Must have been hopping mad!

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Must have been hopping mad!
    Severly so.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that someone tried to steal him but botched it when they were pulling him out & ended up with a leg for their trouble.
    Enough to leave anybody feeling stumped.

FatalityPitt Guest

Just looking at stock photography of the Thunderwing Titanmaster from the Seige of Cybertron set. The Titanmaster's deco is a good/faithful homage to the inner robot of the G1 Pretender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Enough to leave anybody feeling stumped.