0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

I think it could work better if people could 'request' finding a game within your rank-range or open-range (at the menu screen, like the regional/worldwide setting). That way you could choose to take on people who are similar to you (more fun for you), or be able to take on a range of people good or bad for variety (to test yourself more).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think it could work better if people could 'request' finding a game within your rank-range or open-range (at the menu screen, like the regional/worldwide setting). That way you could choose to take on people who are similar to you (more fun for you), or be able to take on a range of people good or bad for variety (to test yourself more).

Yeah I think there is zero matchmaking code in WfC. Unless there is a hidden/unknown calculation this would probably have to be your total class level. Maybe there aren't enough games going to make it beneficial (ie. longer lobby waits) to fill your game with similarly skilled players. But I can be against a team of nearly all prime'd players without one on my team, maybe they are a party or maybe there is no team balancing?

With my scout, it is definitely a game of safety and survival not heroics. And I have been a victim of some very crafty scientists..
    1. I am being shot at from the side.
    2. I look to see who is shooting me.
    3. It is a sentry gun.
    4. I get stabbed from behind by the sentry gun owner.. Mr or Mrs Scientist.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Yeah I think there is zero matchmaking code in WfC. Unless there is a hidden/unknown calculation this would probably have to be your total class level. Maybe there aren't enough games going to make it beneficial (ie. longer lobby waits) to fill your game with similarly skilled players. But I can be against a team of nearly all prime'd players without one on my team, maybe they are a party or maybe there is no team balancing?

With my scout, it is definitely a game of safety and survival not heroics. And I have been a victim of some very crafty scientists..
    1. I am being shot at from the side.
    2. I look to see who is shooting me.
    3. It is a sentry gun.
    4. I get stabbed from behind by the sentry gun owner.. Mr or Mrs Scientist.
    The balancing is based on scores from the previous game. it sort of works, but often not.

for scout, first thing to do is go invisible and get an overshield since you are the second fastest (scientist is faster right?) and then you want to flank enemies and try to atk them from behind. the shotgun is your best weapon - a few shots from behind and a melee atk and you can take down pretty much anything on your own. any time you are in danger, run! go get a health cube from where ever you can remember and then repeat the process.

once you get the hang of it, you should be able to silently lurk around the map looking for enemies by themselves or engaged against your team mates, sneak up and kill and run away.

against scientists, always point your aiming reticle at them to see if they are disguised. and yeah try to be aware of sentry guns.

i wish i had a ps3 again

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden
    its not really a game where you can really go easier on the opposing team... if you are constantly dying, first thing to do is find your team mates and follow them - strength in numbers.
    That's assuming your teammates are actually helpful and don't just run off on their own trying to be individual heroes. Sometimes you can get helpful teammates... but often everyone's just running off doing their own thing - fellow teammates be damned. Those teams often lose against better teams where members are more cooperative though. But I'm often lumped in the uncooperative team where we always get creamed by the opposition team who actually work with each other. Depends on what kind of players you get teamed up with.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden
    i wish i had a ps3 again
    Meh... I'm totally over console gaming (I'm gonna be selling my Wii in the near future). I'm playing this game on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Meh... I'm totally over console gaming (I'm gonna be selling my Wii in the near future). I'm playing this game on PC.
    i miss my consoles since they were stolen -.-

but if you prefer pc gaming then you are probably more suited to it. im more comfortable with a console since i prefer handheld controllers.

Yeah there is a skill matching sytem present in War For Cybertron. It's not to bad, I got matched up with other noobs two skillfull guys and one ubber player last time I played. And annoying as sometimes it is the lack of in game communication system means you don't have to worry about the usual "I owned you nooB!" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but it's a game and it's nice to give novices more of a sporting chance to play. Some games have a handicap setting to cater for this (e.g. Street Fighter). There are other ways experienced players can handicap themselves, e.g. intentionally using low powered or melee weapons, intentionally moving out of cover etc.

One thing that frustrates me as a noob is when I join a game and I constantly get pwned. The games just not fun for me cos it's like - spawn - get killed - respawn - get killed - respawn - get killed... ad infinitum. Being constant cannon fodder isn't fun, so eventually I give up on playing and I never improve. Sometimes when I play Star Wars Miniatures against a noob I'll intentionally do things to give them an advantage over me (e.g. field a weak team, never combine fire, move out into the open etc.). Cos yeah... if I ever try to play this game online, and all that happens to me is that I get constantly hammered... then I'm just never going to play the multiplayer mode again.
    Your example with the minatures game is why I'll always prefer playing minatures games to multiplayer online computer gamers. While it's true there's only so much you can do to help new players, One of my pet peeves is those players that go out of their way to own the noobs and then crow about it like it's a big deal (Just to clarify I don't mean anyone here, rather reffering to people I have encountered online). That's pretty much why I stoped playing games online. I've given it a go again with WFC. I think the limited popularity of the game actualy works in my favour in this instance. there are less uber players out there.

Well, I am nearly completed on both versions on DS. 75ish%. What I am planning on doing once I am done, is to play through it again to give people a guide as to where the Data Disks and what levelling up characters gives you. Because as far as I know, there are no real guides out there atm, and no walkthroughs. TFW does have a thread, but its a bit all over the place.

Anyhoo, I won Grimlock the other day, and boy, does he kick major ass. And I love the fact when you select him he says "Me Grimlock say me on my way" Him and Swoop area a great combo if you build them up like I have, and they have swords very reminiscent of their G1 counterparts

I finally worked up the will to get past the Decpeticon flying level and my god, it really does pick up.

The first two levels were abysmal but after that it got really really good. The second half of the third level and the fourth level were intense.

I really feel that this deserves a full toyline - I'd love to have a toy of Breakdown (who has been my favourite character thus far).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Without an Xbox 360 or a PS3, I have to get the PC version... which Australia doesn't have. Thanx to ebay, one is on its way but to tide me over, I am playing the DS version. Have gotten to the 2nd last stage in the campaign for Autobots, I must say its pretty impressive.
    Sure, most of the characters are slow and moving around can be a problem and enemies almost never miss but there is a nice number of characters. Each size/terrain type has some usefulness and the voice acting is top-notch. Graphics aren't fantastic but this is the DS in 3D, what do you expect?
    Overall, I enjoy the DS version. Can't wait for the PC version to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Without an Xbox 360 or a PS3, I have to get the PC version... which Australia doesn't have. Thanx to ebay, one is on its way but to tide me over, I am playing the DS version. Have gotten to the 2nd last stage in the campaign for Autobots, I must say its pretty impressive.
    Sure, most of the characters are slow and moving around can be a problem and enemies almost never miss but there is a nice number of characters. Each size/terrain type has some usefulness and the voice acting is top-notch. Graphics aren't fantastic but this is the DS in 3D, what do you expect?
    Overall, I enjoy the DS version. Can't wait for the PC version to arrive.
    Still fun to play though. I have completed all the missions and got all the data disks for the Autobots, now just doing arduous task of leveling them all up. Then it's up to taking on someone with the Con version to win all the characters I don't have. (but that's easy when I have my missus DS to do that with )

I too want the PC version, but don't have the funds to do so atm, but will soon I reckon.