• Only if (something else)

2 8.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 4.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Battleslash & Roadtrap

With a new line on its way after POTP and no announcement of a Flywheels, I’m wondering if he is even in the pipeline? Especially if the next line is going to be more Cybertronian alt modes.

I’m encouraged by the release of legend-scaled Insecticons over several lines.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    But you also get 2 decent Legends figures-not perfect (or as good in vehicle mode as many of the other legends figures which are often very nice), but I think they have equivalent individual robot modes to other legends so even if you don't display them separately the engineering/possibility is there... so imho that's not a super fair comparison (ESP as some Toyworld's/Toymates are charging that much for POTP DLXs lol)
    Fair point but the thrust of my argument wasn’t so much the value of legends class vs deluxe class, it was that at $20 for a legend and $35-$40 for a deluxe they are just too expensive. At $25 for a deluxe, I saw the value of it but the new prices are definitely reflected in my buying habits. Battletrap is my only POTP purchase so far. If they release Flywheels, I won’t be able to help myself but that’s all I’ll buy. Despite what I have seen all reports say are some excellent toys, when I see them in person the price just makes me keep right on walking.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    With a new line on its way after POTP and no announcement of a Flywheels, I’m wondering if he is even in the pipeline? Especially if the next line is going to be more Cybertronian alt modes.

I’m encouraged by the release of legend-scaled Insecticons over several lines.
    Yes, Insecticons is one example, another is 'Buzzsaw' - he was Soundwave compatible, but was released at the tail-end of Combiner Wars. So kind of a 'preview' figure.

It would be great if that's what we're seeing here - I'd be stoked to see a little 'sub-line' of duocon TF's, and I don't have a problem with them using some characters that weren't originally duocons that could use some updating - Backstreet, Override, Dogfight etc. The combination method for this guy - a simple head-port - and it's really obvious placement in vehicle mode makes me think that there will be other compatible figures later on, otherwise they could have used a more 'bespoke' method.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Yeah, that's true. But if they released Flywheels first, people on tighter budgets (or with lesser incentives) might be adequately satisfied with Flywheels that they might only see Battletrap as an 'extra bonus'; then the Battleslash/Roadtrap duo might peg warm. Hasbro seem to have realized that it's better to release the 'less cool' toy first before the 'cool one'.
    They do have a habit of releasing the repaint first too, lately - Starscream from Elita-1, Optimus Prime from Motormaster etc...

Picked these two up because I love the Duocons, in summary

• Individually Roadtrap got the shaft of the two in terms of design compromises
    • Neither are a joy to transform
    • I know its a POTP thing but not having weapons for this guy really sucks, also Battletrap's hand 'spikes' are unnecessary and a stupid obstruction
    • Silly but I would have loved a 'Copter-on-car' combined vehicle mode
    • All of this is made up for by the combined mode being really really ridiculously good looking and poseable. Love that they nailed the colours and appreciate that they didn't Hasbro-Grey Battleslash.

Hasbro have really got to drop this dark purple on black-grey instructions thing. They're practically worthless as a visual guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Picked these two up because I love the Duocons, in summary

• Individually Roadtrap got the shaft of the two in terms of design compromises
    • Neither are a joy to transform
    • I know its a POTP thing but not having weapons for this guy really sucks, also Battletrap's hand 'spikes' are unnecessary and a stupid obstruction
    • Silly but I would have loved a 'Copter-on-car' combined vehicle mode
    • All of this is made up for by the combined mode being really really ridiculously good looking and poseable. Love that they nailed the colours and appreciate that they didn't Hasbro-Grey Battleslash.

Hasbro have really got to drop this dark purple on black-grey instructions thing. They're practically worthless as a visual guide.
    Battletrap has his say on the matter...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Battletrap has his say on the matter...
    If Battletrap ever makes it into a live action movie he should totally be voiced by this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    there were bits of each transformation that I found fiddly or annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Neither are a joy to transform
    I agree, I found the conversions from robots to vehicles on both robots to be a massive pain in the diodes and far more irritating than fun. Yet transforming each into their combined mode were simplicity itself. Weird.

I was thinking of getting 2 sets so I could have their separate bot modes as well as combined but not now. I'll be keeping these two combined as Battletrap as I have zero love for their individual modes.

Definitely agree with the complaints about the complicated and annoying transformations (e.g. in vehicle mode, Roadtrap's thighs fit in at an angle like TR Triggerhappy and most of us are used to the horizontal positioning). I also find the rotor on Battleslash doesn't spin smoothly. I also don't find Roadtrap's oversized feet cool but realise it's all for a good cause which is the amazing combiner mode.

Finally freed Battleslash and Roadtrap from their plastic and cardboard prisons. Both toys are fun to transform. Really like the design and colours of Battleslash. Very pleased with the combined mode.