Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyfair Australia part three - official images

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    P.S.: It'll also be interesting to see how TakaraTOMY markets the Siege Micromasters, because in Japan almost every Micromaster was an Autobot, and that includes the Air Strike Patrol. Off memory I can only think of 5 Japanese Micromasters who were Decepticons - and yes, Barricade was one of them!
    The Takara Siege toys are identical to Hasbro's. They just have Takara Tomy printed on the box/card and Japanese stickers over the English descriptions and bios. I would take a picture of the Siege figures I got last week but they have already been picked up by the recycling truck.

That'd be cool if TT switched alliances for the applicable characters and marketed them as such to add some variety to the line. With the Global unification though, it'll probably just be the same.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility but it would be unfortunate. Repainting the Siege Micromasters in their Japanese colours would just make more sense for TakaraTOMY's market. And yeah, it would drive a lot of overseas fans nuts too.

Siege Hyperspeed and Blackjack ought to be repainted as Gingham and Blackheat -- and to milk more money out of the mould they could further repaint Gingham as Clipper! Then just include her in a 2 pack with Powertrain repainted as Ironworks.

I think I'm the only one a bit disappointed that Barricade isn't based on G1 when everything else in Siege (and most of CHUG) is G1-based. Plus the fact that Siege is giving us Micromasters which would've been the perfect opportunity to have a Siege G1 Barricade.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Hasbro, can I please have a Micromaster Barricade next time???
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    *raises hand* Me too!
    I'd love one as well but it seems unlikely. Movieverse Barricade is just too well-known now, whereas G1 Barricade is incredibly obscure except to your knowledgeable G1 fans. If they released a version of the G1 character you would get all the young'uns going 'Thats not Barricade - Barricade is a cop car!'

It's the same reason to a lesser extent that we are unlikely to ever see a new version of the G1 Micromaster Blackout released.

FatalityPitt Guest

Nemesis Prowl looks dope

Yeah, it's a shame that the 'real' G1 Barricade has been shunted for a G1-adaptation of a movie character. But in his defence, Movie Barricade had become quite popular and well-known over many years. Young casual fans probably know more about Barricade than they know about Prowl. So it kind of makes sense to make the cop car as the 'definitive' Barricade.

I must admit though, I do like the look of Barricade. He looks vaguely like a Stunticon.

I think G1 Barricade is pretty forgettable. Guido’s design is much more interesting.

Hey, maybe it’ll turn out to be a name swap grudge like Swoop/Divebomb and well get a G1 esque Barricade yet! Only with a goofy name like “Witches hat” or “Gumball”
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

To be fair, it's because G1 was Autobot heavy. One thing that really impressed me when Beast Wars came along was how the two sides suddenly became evenly matched. But yeah, it's the reason why writers often had to fill in the Decepticon ranks with generic gumbies like those purple Jets etc. - what we would now call Vehicons I suppose. You rarely saw "Vehibots."

P.S.: It'll also be interesting to see how TakaraTOMY markets the Siege Micromasters, because in Japan almost every Micromaster was an Autobot, and that includes the Air Strike Patrol. Off memory I can only think of 5 Japanese Micromasters who were Decepticons - and yes, Barricade was one of them!
    Animated did it well too. Though there were less core Decepticons, they were portrayed as much bigger and built for war than the Autobots. It added a lot to Megatron being almost a god in the eyes of the Autobots, who had greater numbers though in more civilian bodies.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust