Thread: Man-At-Arm's Work shop

Default Man-At-Arm's Work shop

It's time for this section to have a Repairs thread given all the mishaps with Matty's QC.

I'll start with fixing the 'The Original' He-Man re-release hair piece flaw.

Step 1

Partially submerge the hair in a bowl of hot water for a few seconds, as a precaution, don't submerge the face just in case the paint apps rub off.

Step 2

When the rubbery plastic warms up, it will become soft. Using a long tool such as a thin screw driver or thin metal pic, stick it through the brow and push it up as a lever as if you are giving He-Man a frontal lobotomy. Push until the glue that is keeping the hair on the head separates allowing the hair to come off.

Step 3

Notice where the glue was applied on the hair. Probably best to apply a bit of super glue on the bottom 'peg' of the hair and position it on the head in a more satisfactory position.

Tip: Before applying the glue, play with positioning the hair on the head until you find a position you find acceptable. I personally used an online pic as a guide like this one

End

Once the Glue dries, you are finished

Before 'Out of the box' Pic

After Fix Pic

Damn, thanks for that, i'm not even worried if i get a bung one now!
    I think you might even deserve the Bert Newton Seal of Approval!

Yeah that He-Man was easy. Some of the Prince Adam's had glue on every bit of the hair... ripped up the side of the face.

Good repair on the toupe kup! erm are those Kabaya toys at the back?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    Yeah that He-Man was easy. Some of the Prince Adam's had glue on every bit of the hair... ripped up the side of the face.
    Yeah I have noticed that on Faker too. Maybe if you insert scalpel to scrape the glue away which should have soften up due to the hot water. That may loosen it up better for removal.

Was this a problem on all the He-Man / Prince Adam stuff? I don't remember mine having this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah I have noticed that on Faker too. Maybe if you insert scalpel to scrape the glue away which should have soften up due to the hot water. That may loosen it up better for removal.
    I don't really find the glue softens with heat... mainly just the plastic and perhaps the paint... the glue stays hard and is very stubborn.