Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by DigDug View Post
    The very same I knew exactly what you meant when you said piece of sh#t but couldn't resist taking a look at the link anyway
    +1!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I spotted at least 5 Primes at the City Target today.

There was a MP Megatron at Comics 'R' Us up the street. They were asking $250 for it

Finally further up, down at Hobby Japan they had an Ultra Magnus, but don't bother, they were asking for $550.
    When the dude said that I laughed and pointed out how much Prime is going for at Target. Doesn't suprise me though. There wanted $600 for the same Prime about a month ago.

Dude... you shouldn't have mentioned the MP4s at Target to HJ they will probably have already been down there to buy a few more to shaft off at 200% profit!

Still, $600 for a Masterpiece Optimus How can these guys manage to even sell them?

I layby'd one at Target Chermside a couple of hours ago. There are still none on display but I got a call almost a week ago to pick him up and I am pretty certain they haven't sold all 20 yet so there should be more around somewhere...

The box was in pretty good condition too - would have been A1 but had a couple of minor impressions on the back side edges.

PS don't bother looking there for the Prime blaster rig that went on sale today - they were already out by this arvo
    Hmmmm i really want just the trailer, is it worth having 3 of the Primes.....

Dude... you shouldn't have mentioned the MP4s at Target to HJ they will probably have already been down there to buy a few more to shaft off at 200% profit!

Still, $600 for a Masterpiece Optimus How can these guys manage to even sell them?
    I don't know, but it has been sold. Poor sap that bought it though.
    or maybe they thought I was an idiot and tried to rip me off.
    I remember when they had Masterpiece Megatron like 6 months ago or something. They were asking for $300-400.
    I don't know how they stay open...their Box Hill store has closed down or moved though

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I don't know, but it has been sold. Poor sap that bought it though.
    or maybe they thought I was an idiot and tried to rip me off.
    I remember when they had Masterpiece Megatron like 6 months ago or something. They were asking for $300-400.
    I don't know how they stay open...their Box Hill store has closed down or moved though
    Haha i went in there the other day and asked too, $550!

HJ use to be in Glenferrie too, that didn't last long. The one in the city had a 50% off sale but i didn't notice anything good

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Haha i went in there the other day and asked too, $550!

HJ use to be in Glenferrie too, that didn't last long. The one in the city had a 50% off sale but i didn't notice anything good

Poor sap indeed

$300 is steep but not insultingly expensive if the guy who bought Prime got him at the 50% off sale. Still, he would have had a nasty surprise if he looked through Target's toy section recently...

He should have consulted Ozformers first
    Last edited by DigDug; 22nd June 2008 at 07:28 AM.

Poor sap indeed

$300 is steep but not insultingly expensive if the guy who bought Prime got him at the 50% off sale. Still, he would have had a nasty surprise if he looked through Target's toy section recently...
    The 50% off only applies to certain items. Usually little things like anime DVDs, plushies and other figures. Big ticket items like the Transformers they have or the statues ain't in it. And the sale wasn't on when they had Prime, that only started in the last week or so.

$165 Mp05 at Empire toys Perth Western Australia

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    $165 Mp05 at Empire toys Perth Western Australia
    Deary me. I'd love one at that price.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection