Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combiner Wars Liokaiser

Yeah, but a reissue G1 Liokaiser would be the best, especially because of the significant historical turning point in Transformers toy engineering that it represents.

I know nothing about Liokaiser but I think it looks good (correct me if I'm wrong but he is supposed to have six components (like Devastator) isn't he?)
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I definitely want this but I'm holding out for the Takara version (if made). Has anyone heard of any rumors of this becoming a UW???
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I know nothing about Liokaiser but I think it looks good (correct me if I'm wrong but he is supposed to have six components (like Devastator) isn't he?)
    Yes. As I said before, Leozack and Jallguar, the two original torso robots, have been amalgamated into a single entity known as Deathsaurus for Combiner Wars.

Anyone who already knows about G1 LioKaiser may ignore the rest of this post.

Below is a quick visual comparison of G1 gestalts with accessories removed.

As you can see, Liokaiser holds out the best because almost all of this gestalt parts are self-contained. Feet, hands, thighs etc. are all built into the individual robots. The only part of Liokaiser's body which is a detachable accessory is the head. This was a revolutionary concept back in 1989! It also paved the way for many post-G1/G2 gestalts which refined the concept, such as...
    * Beast Wars' Magnaboss and Tripredacus (1997) were the first to perfect this with all of their gestalt components being self contained.
    * Car Robot/RiD's JRX and Build King (2000) did the same thing, although Build King had the additional concept of reconfigurable limbs.
    * RotF Legends Class Devastator (2009); all self-contained gestalt parts. No detachable accessories.
    * Fall of Cybertron's Bruticus (2012) carried on the same thing, all self-contained parts, and added in the ability of interchangeable limbs.
    * Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Abominus (2013); another Legends Class gestalt with all self-contained gestalt parts.
    ...etc

Combiner Wars gestalts really have as few detachable parts as possible. Just look at how much of CW Devastator's gestalt parts are self-contained in the Constructicons. And anything that's detachable is capable of serving as an additional accessory, e.g. becoming weapons etc. This is all part of G1 Liokaiser's legacy.

The reaction to Liokaiser surprised me to be honest, didn't think he'd be so desired.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Box art has appeared
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Box art has appeared
    The Hasbro box art has been fantastic for all of the CW sets.,. This one is no different