Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Green Thread

Default The Green Thread

This thread is for discussion on personal level environmental conservation, e.g.: recycling, water conservation etc. - it is not intended for any political discussion on the environment or climate change.

----------------

I have a portable air conditioner with dehumidifier. What I'd like to know is, how clean is the water that collects in the dehumidifier's reservoir? I'm not intending to drink it or anything, but I was wondering if it's clean enough to say use for my fish tank (in which case I guess I wouldn't need to dechlorinate it like tap water). And I'm guessing it would be clean enough to use on plants (not that I have any but in case anyone else is wondering or if I get some in the future).

TheDirtyDigger Guest

My business refills ink and toner cartridges as there is, on average, three and a half litres in oil just in the plastic of a toner cartridge and that is not taking into account the oil burned in the production or transportation.

im doing an environmental course right now

its boring as!

Didn't dirge have one? I remember something at his old place, but not sure if it is the same thing.

I wouldn't recommend putting it into the fishtank - you don't know what sort of bacteria lives in the collector. You should be fine using it to water hardier plants, however.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I had a portable water evaporating air cooler once and it got really manky quickly. I was afraid of Leigonairs disease so i cleaned it often!

I spend $200 a month on petrochemical based toys.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    My business refills ink and toner cartridges as there is, on average, three and a half litres in oil just in the plastic of a toner cartridge and that is not taking into account the oil burned in the production or transportation.

I use laser printers. I effin hate ink.

BTW, start giving that poor squid you milk into the cartridges a holiday or I'll get the rspca on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I spend $200 a month on petrochemical based toys.
    I just throw away and buy new printers when they run out. Makes more economical sense. There can't be a problem with this as the printer companies havn't been pulled up about it.

Also I fart a lot, it's too cold to not create an ozone layer. You'll all thank me for the warning now when we reach ice age within the next ~40 years.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I'm the jerk who turns everyones office computers off every evening after work.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You should be the guy who punches every jerk that doesn't shut down their computers after work.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------