Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comic a Review: Sins of the Wreckers

Pretty cool issue, I like the twist of Tarantulas wanting Prowl to join him, though not feeling all that much menace for the rest of the Wreckers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I also just noticed that Tidal Wave actually is Armada Tidal Wave, but now with a beast mode! I didn't recognise him last issue, but yeah, this issue gave me a better view of his robot mode parts and it's clearly Armada Tidal Wave. I want this toy!!! Stakeout's fate had me saying holy four-letter F-word! Ditto Hubcap's revelation! I really like it when IDW take previously underused original G1 characters and suddenly make 'em really interesting.
    Stakeout lasted a whole 3 issues, for a Micromaster in an IDW comic that's positively ancient, they usually die a few pages in, red shirts have longer lifespans.

I'm wondering if Hubcap might end up being a double agent, playing the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I'm wondering if Hubcap might end up being a double agent, playing the long game.
    I'm wondering the same. Not effected the same way by the others in the chaos thingie and Tarantulus talked about having an agent able to keep an eye out for certain Prowl like blips in the information network - sounds like a communications expert to me. Plus Tarantulus talks about disaffected Autobots - maybe Pipes death sent Hubcap over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm wondering the same. Not effected the same way by the others in the chaos thingie and Tarantulus talked about having an agent able to keep an eye out for certain Prowl like blips in the information network - sounds like a communications expert to me. Plus Tarantulus talks about disaffected Autobots - maybe Pipes death sent Hubcap over the edge.
    I thought the same, but that would be too obvious right? If there is one thing we've learnt is it's never who you expect.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I thought the same, but that would be too obvious right? If there is one thing we've learnt is it's never who you expect.
    Actually, reread no3 tonight and it is him. If you look on the last page you can see Hubcap standing in the background near Tarantulus' throne whilst everyone else is chained up. Never noticed that before

Just noticed it's going to be at least two months between issue and issue 4?!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Just noticed it's going to be at least two months between issue and issue 4?!
    i asked about the wait in the global news comics thread, apparently there is a 'family thing' going on with one of the staff or something.

Man, sometimes I forget just how brutal the Wreckers comics can be!

We had all those long-time Wreckers characters and a bunch of newbies die in Last Stand. Now in issue four of Sins we have Impactor murdering Hubcap because he is a security risk and Tarantulus shrinking down, literally getting inside Roadbusters head and then resizing so we are treated to an image of a giant organic looking spider bursting RB's head like an energon-filled water balloon!

So now we've had Roadbuster, Twin Twist and Topspin die on Wrecker missions, Broadside is on the Lost Light with a bunch of mutineers, Whirl got kicked out of the Wreckers and is currently trapped on the Nercobots homeworld facing the DJD and Sandstorm is in prison for murder! Not many of the original Wreckers left - just Impactor and Springer at this stage.

I see what you did there, IDW.

Roadbuster also died a horrifically violent and pointless death in G1. In the Time Wars (one of the best G1 stories evah!), Roadbuster was attempting to use an experimental weapon known as the Pathblaster. It malfunctioned and exploded, killing Roadbuster instantly. Here we have Tarantulas mass-shifting up and exploding out of Roadbuster's head, killing him instantly.

I hope that Impactor doesn't end up dying and coming back as a zombie.

Maybe the slow release schedule killed some of the momentum, but curious what others thought of the conclusion. Can't say this series won me over at all, maybe it'll read better as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    , maybe it'll read better as a whole?
    that's what I'm hoping... will read the whole series again soon when I get the chance and then decide if I like it or not