Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition

Why did they colour the seizure spark things orange when they were blue in the 'toon?:

TF Prototype has done a few comparison shots:

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    How much does a Red Alert go for nowadays? I could be tempted to get this one if the costs are covered by offloading my current one.
    Well for a while at Chimungmung it was around the 50 to 60 US range like other older MP autobot cars, then it suddenly went up to about 100 US and now isn't listed. I'm not sure what other online stores have him at the moment, I look every now and again to see if he's available but haven't noticed it for a while.

Geez was this really necessary... I mean come on... I really don't want to buy this but it's not a complete collection if you are missing one, no matter how much of a clear cash grab it is... not impressed

^Yeah now i hate to be a completist...atm i only skip the Bapes since they are way over reason for me. This one is gonna be a very difficult decision for me (and i was still thinking this is one of the April Fools thing)

Edit: listing now up at Takara Tomy Mall

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810875215/

...and they are serious with the "PLUS" series so this aint the last

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    ^

And here I was thinking the whole idea of tt masterpiece series was to be as screen accurate as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    ^Yeah now i hate to be a completist...atm i only skip the Bapes since they are way over reason for me. This one is gonna be a very difficult decision for me (and i was still thinking this is one of the April Fools thing)

Edit: listing now up at Takara Tomy Mall

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810875215/

Damn I thought for a second that the pre order was already open, then realised it doesn't start til 11 April. I was too tired to try ordering it in Japanese tonight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    And here I was thinking the whole idea of tt masterpiece series was to be as screen accurate as possible?
    This one doesn't have the approval of Lamborghini it seems because the insignia is painted over. Lamborghini must not have approved of the colour. So perhaps these PLUS series one's won't be licensed releases in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    This one doesn't have the approval of Lamborghini it seems because the insignia is painted over. Lamborghini must not have approved of the colour. So perhaps these PLUS series one's won't be licensed releases in some cases.
    I don't know, the original Red Alert wasn't an official Lamborghini colour scheme, yet it too has Lamborghini branding because it's a licensed use of the Countach design. Even without the Lamborghini badge, I suspect this one will also have Lamborghini branding for that reason.

I'm calling it now: there will eventually be a MP-20+ screen-accurate Wheeljack, since the animation model didn't have the Alitalia livery.

If you translate the TTMall page, you'll see this:

New series birth to Masterpiece brand!

The traditional popular items were closer to the anime set color "PLUS" series will start.