Thread: Transformers Adventure TAV-57-62 revealed

Default Transformers Adventure TAV-57-62 revealed

BBTS have put up preorder listings for some upcoming Transformers Adventure releases.

TAV-57 Secret Character
    TAV-58 Windstrike & Sideswipe
    TA-59 Ratchet
    TAV-60 Bisk
    TAV-61 God Optimus Prime Micron Set
    TAV-62 Secret Character

TAV57-60 are estimated for an October release by BBTS
    while the last two are estimated for November

Windstrike & Sideswipe is the battle pack version of Sidewipe with the Minicon Partner Windstrike like the battle pack announced by Hasbro. However, unlike Hasbro this Sideswipe will be in his standard show colours while the Sideswipe from Hasbro's battle pack will be a white "Alpine" colour version.

Ratchet and Bisk are the warrior versions. based on the pictures on BBTS Bisk is barely changed (might be a different shade of red?) but a better clearer picture may show some more details later. Ratchet appears to have more paint apps on his chest, including his collar and the headlights under the fake window.

God Optimus Prime appears to be the large "Hyper Surge" toy getting a re-release with a new staff acessory and the Tricerashot and Dragonus minicons as well as his Aerobolt minicon from the previous release. all three minicons appear to be able to combine with his staff to form a larger weapon. only a greyscale prototype is shown so no indictation of how the colours may differ from the individual releases or the previous Takara release of Hyper Surge Prime

the two secret characters are intersting.
    TAV-62 is listed for 29.99, the same price as Ratchet and Bisk, as well as the Windstrike & Sideswipe pack so it could be another battle pack release, or a warrior. (possibly a takara release of Scattorspike or the Paralon retool for Scoponok that the RiD App leaked a while back)

TAV-57 however is listed for 54.99 meaning whatever it is, it's bigger (or features more in it) than just a warrrior or battle pack.
    it's listed as TAV-57 so likely isn't another VS pack or a Deployer/Micron Shooter, but I really have no idea what this could be. it's possible it'll be another large Takara exclusive figure like the large Optimus Prime toys they released before.

SDCC is soon right? maybe Hasbro will reveal some new RiD figures that would fit these mystery Takara releases maybe even something season 3/ TV movie related.

I thought 62 must be Windblade, the only Rid toy missing from their lineup

I am stoopid, didn't know she was earlier, lol
    Last edited by reillyd; 14th July 2016 at 06:08 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I thought 62 must be Windblade, the only Rid toy missing from their lineup
    Warrior Windblade is TAV55 in September... so 62 isn't her.
    It must be someone important though to be kept secret for now.

Maybe the secret character is Starscream? Hasbro RID Warrior (deluxe) Starscream just found in Canada
    Last edited by tinyJazz; 14th July 2016 at 05:39 PM.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Maybe the secret character is Starscream? Hasbro RID Warrior (deluxe) Starscream just found in Canada
    Yeah,could be you're on the money. Seibertron says it's based on his G1 incarnation, but the backwards looking wings seems more Animated to me. Adventure has released repaints of Animated (eg Swoop) before. I'm hoping it means a cartoon appearance
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

One online store is claiming that both mystery characters are Starscream, which if true, the cheaper one would be the new Warrior that was just found in America, while the expensive one will probably be a large sized one like Megatronus or Power Surge Optimus... suggesting that he is likely to be a major character in the next season of the cartoon. (the bigger toys generally go to prominent characters, rather than the bigger characters)

TakaraTomyMall has posted up official images for the TAV-61 God Optimus and TAV-62 Starscream.

God Optimus (not being an actual god, but that was the word used in Gen1 for "Power", like for the Powermasters) - is a redeco of the TAV-50 Power Surge Optimus, and comes with two extra Minicons, translucent Tricerashot and translucent weapon Dragonus.
    The first version (TAV-50) can be seen here for comparison.

Starscream is the Warrior version, which is a ToysRUs exclusive in Hasbro countries.
    Their listing and images for the larger Power Hero Starscream can be seen here.