View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air Hammer

2 9.09%
  • Bantor

0 0%
  • Buzzclaw

1 4.55%
  • Injector

1 4.55%
  • Noctorro

1 4.55%
  • Quickstrike

3 13.64%
  • Silverbolt

12 54.55%
  • Sky Shadow

1 4.55%
  • Terragator

0 0%
  • Torca

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite Fuzor toy?

Default Who is your favourite Fuzor toy?

You know how it goes. Happy polling!

Not included:
    * Blentrons - I might include them in the upcoming BWII poll (if space allows), otherwise I'll defer back to this poll by default.
    * Mutant Beasts - canonically stated as ex-Fuzors. Um... does anyone really care enough about Mutant Beasts to warrant a poll?
    * Magmatron - heh, I love how Hasbro's tech specs referred to him as a Fuzor (as it appears to be a reference to my review of this toy (written in 1999, a year before Hasbro's came out) where I described Magmatron's gestalt beast mode as a Fuzor. But yeah, it's not really a Fuzor. At any rate, Magmatron will be included in a future BW Neo poll.
    * Tigerhawk - will be included in a future poll on Transmetal 2s.
    * The Wuzzles - while Fuzors are essentially Transformers Wuzzles, the Wuzzles aren't Transformers. But hey, the Fuzors' beast modes would actually work as realistic disguises in the Land of Wuz.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Right now my favourite Fuzor is Quickstrike, but back in 1998 it was Silverbolt, so I've voted for Silverbolt.

Quickstrike. So close to the animation and articulation was awesome.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Noctorro. Can't imagine why...

As for the Mutants, they are some of my favourite Beast Era toys ever

I always enjoyed Air Hammer as a kid. Although he had no hands, the robot was articulated and the beast mode was kooky and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Quickstrike. So close to the animation and articulation was awesome.
    Or more accurately, the animation was so close to the toy. Which was always one of the awesome things about Beast Wars.

For newer fans who may not know, Mainframe Entertainment was the first (and possibly only) animation company that used a 3D scanner to scan toys supplied to them by Hasbro/Kenner. These scans were then used as the basis for their animation models, which they would modify as they saw fit. Some models were more heavily modified than others - Blackarachnia was deliberately very extensively modified to make her look more distinctive from Tarantulas, but otherwise most of the show models were pretty toy accurate.

Also, there's evidence which strongly suggests that that the animators must've played with the toys as they scanned them. The strongest evidence for this is Transmetal Optimus Primal's attack mode which was never an official mode for the toy, but the toy can do it! So it's effectively a fan mode which the animators must've made by fiddling with the toy, and then it became official when it appeared in the cartoon!

Who didn't try this out with their toy straight after watching Aftermath?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Also, there's evidence which strongly suggests that that the animators must've played with the toys as they scanned them. The strongest evidence for this is Transmetal Optimus Primal's attack mode which was never an official mode for the toy, but the toy can do it! So it's effectively a fan mode which the animators must've made by fiddling with the toy, and then it became official when it appeared in the cartoon!

Who didn't try this out with their toy straight after watching Aftermath?
    I remember doing that as soon as I got the toy
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Again, I didn't have them as a kid, but now of the 2 I do have Silverbolt wins out over Quickstrike. It's less that there's anything wrong with Quickstrike, and more that the Fuzors alt-modes were mostly one animal with hints of another, and Quickstrike is basically just a scorpion with an unusual sting. A flying wolf with eagle claws is just that much cooler. That and I'm not a fan of his non-snake-head hand design...it just looks ungainly.

I don't have one myself, but I do kind of like the idea behind Terragator. Pity the actual toy looks kind of lame.

The thing that bumps Silverbolt down my list now is something that's always bugged me about that toy -- the hips. They just don't lock together very well and are highly prone to coming undone during toy play. Having said that, I really love the overall aesthetic of that toy as well as he can either shoot his missiles as ranged weapons or hold them as melee weapons. Although it is kinda weird how he can't really aim at where he's shooting since this wing tips either point up or sideways (the cartoon gave his wings forward articulation but the toy never had it). I just make him bow down so that his wing tips point forward and fire.

Arctorro's gonna hate me for this, but Noctorro was the one and only Fuzor that I never bought when these toys came out! Yes, I even bought Injector but not Noctorro! Noctorro always looked kinda bland to me. Injector is sinfully b'ugly, and I kept on laughing at that pegwarmer every time I saw it... but eventually Target had it on sale and part of me went, "Go on... I dare you!" Injector really is just a stupid toy (JMO, apologies to the one person who voted for him ). I did eventually get Noctorro from a collectables fair, so my Fuzor collection is complete. And I don't mind Noctorro either, but I must admit that I was never interested in buying one in stores.

Also bear in mind that I was a uni student with a significantly less disposable income compared to an adult in full time employment (although on the flip side I was still living at home ). I did buy all the other Fuzors plus all the Transmetals (plus a few BWII toys), so that was already stretching my more limited budget thin.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    * The Wuzzles - while Fuzors are essentially Transformers Wuzzles, the Wuzzles aren't Transformers. But hey, the Fuzors' beast modes would actually work as realistic disguises in the Land of Wuz.
    Two times the fun, wrapped up and rolled in to one!

If Bumblebee and Razorclaw had a protoform would it be Bumblelion?

Who was the half-fish/half-wasp dude? That toy was so ugly I always kinda wished I had bought it

Silverbolt was the only one I purchased and even that wasn't until he was on clearance (for the old timers remember when they were reported being $4 at Target!). Had one loose joint but overall I really came to like the Bird-dog.

(Many, many years later I would get Quickstrike and I do like him too)