View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air Hammer

2 9.09%
  • Bantor

0 0%
  • Buzzclaw

1 4.55%
  • Injector

1 4.55%
  • Noctorro

1 4.55%
  • Quickstrike

3 13.64%
  • Silverbolt

12 54.55%
  • Sky Shadow

1 4.55%
  • Terragator

0 0%
  • Torca

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is your favourite Fuzor toy?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Arctorro's gonna hate me for this, but Noctorro was the one and only Fuzor that I never bought when these toys came out!
    lol

Nope, not even slightly. I actually understand completely. I also got Noctorro to try and complete the set (still gotta finish that at some point ) and was a bit unsure about him.

It was playing with him later on, trying to figure out if I liked him, that I realised that he could most likely swing through the trees like a monkey as well as fight in the air and on land. That really fired my imagination! Plus the spring-loaded gimmick didn't, for once, ruin the toy for me. No other BW toy sparked my imagination like Noctorro, that's why he quickly became my fav.

Now I need to dig him out of storage and sit him with my Mutants. Bugger, what box is he in...

I like Injector for his absurdness but i really enjoy the transformation of Sky Shadow with his feet up at his neck and tail/head.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Only had the Universe version of Silverbolt. What a crazy deco. Though he held together well with none of the issues Goki seems to have experienced.

I might have bought more as a kid (or an adult) if more characters were introduced. The cartoon used one actor for each character, giving each character lots of air time and really succeeded in character development. They could have reused some of those actors to introduce Fuzor side characters that are only around for 1-3 eps before leaving/killed off.

Fuzors could have been Actionmasters to me. Essentially undesirable toys, but their inclusion in the comics as side characters makes them cool even if they're only given a few lines/panels to show a glimpse of an interesting character, leading to me chasing their recent transformable updates (like Axor from the Lockdown mould).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I like Injector for his absurdness
    With a head that looks like either a fish swallowing or regurgitating a monster's head, it's pretty much a joke that writes itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Fuzors could have been Actionmasters to me. Essentially undesirable toys, but their inclusion in the comics as side characters makes them cool even if they're only given a few lines/panels to show a glimpse of an interesting character,
    The Fuzors were also similar to Action Masters in that they did dominate the line. In 1998 there were only two kinds of Transformers that you could buy: Fuzors or Transmetals (not including Machine Wars, which did shelf warm for years in Australia but were essentially an import (of excess stock) from US 1997). One critical difference between Fuzors and Action Masters though was that Fuzors still fundamentally functioned as Transformers. They could still transform (as weird as their alt modes are). And their line dominance didn't serve a devastating blow to Transformers, it did the opposite in contributing to the "Transformers Renaissance" that revived the franchise. In 1990-91 Action Masters similarly dominated the line. You basically were either purchasing an Action Master or a Micromaster (excl. Classic reissues). And we know that Action Masters were basically a kick to the nards for Generation 1.

A good toy is one that succeeds regardless of its canonical appearance, not because of it. If you look at a lot of people's comments about why they like Fuzors (and Beast Wars in general), it's due to the merit of the toys. How much would you care about Action Masters if they'd never made any canonical appearance at all?

You basically were either purchasing an Action Master or a Micromaster (excl. Classic reissues). And we know that Action Masters were basically a kick to the nards for Generation 1.
    I don't consider them at the same level of desirability (giving Fuzors a 5/10, whilst AM a 1.5-2/10), but I think of them as the same in terms of their arrival - at the end of a line, with design inspiration, new engineering ideas, budgets, time etc all running thin and the toy company just needing to come up with something fast that 5-up's the existing line in coolness to sell plastic. Going garish or out of the world seems to be popular (AM, Fuzors, or Beast Hunters).

A good toy is one that succeeds regardless of its canonical appearance, not because of it. If you look at a lot of people's comments about why they like Fuzors (and Beast Wars in general), it's due to the merit of the toys.
    The stand-out feature of Transformers toys against other transforming-toy lines for me is the ability to achieve a realistic alt mode which effectively disguises the robot - in alt mode the less robot bits the better, and for the robot mode the more robot-like it looks the better. Achieving one very different form and going to another is all the designer's ingenuity - which was what compelled me as a kid to pick up my first BW figure, Dinobot. Fuzors broke the rules a bit as you're given an almost completely made up form in which you can essentially take engineering shortcuts (no better example than Injector).

How much would you care about Action Masters if they'd never made any canonical appearance at all?
    I've never cared for any Action Masters prior to reading the first 80 issues of the G1 Marvel US comics, despite having Starscream and Jackpot (and another guy in a green chopper) as a kid (I had G1 Starscream and never understood why toy engineering took a step backwards with the AM Starscream). This was early in my uni years and at the time I was reading a lot more history and took on a great interest in the stratagems used. What the fiction did do for me was build up a huge interest in Krok (which motivated me to search for a MISB carded version of him on/off for a number of years, until the TFCC FSS repaint of Generations Megatron was released). The depiction of Krok was a clever piece of toy-marketing and became the hook, line and sinker for me.

Leaving it here before the the topic is derailed!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!