Thread: Silverbolt, finally lifting off and saying G'day.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Silverbolt, finally lifting off and saying G'day.

G’day Folks,

I’ve spent a long time in the shadows and I thought Its about time to officially join in.

I’m too young to have watched the original G1 cartoon series in the 80s, but I got saw it as G2 reruns in the 90s.

My only original surviving transformers from this time is the Aerialbots team. My Dad says I was obsessed with the Concorde.
    I had a Sludge but my brother destroyed him.
    I’ve found out later in life that I have a few surviving G2 jets and micromasters.

I loved the beast wars series, but missed out on the third season due to high school time constraints. I skipped the whole Unicron trilogy.

My first significant toy purchase in a long times came in the form of alternators sideswipe. He was a dodge viper, I couldn’t resist it.
    This sparked a resurgence in transforms for me. I hunted down my old transformers Sludge was so wrecked that he was binned and I slowly recovered all my aerialbots. Some required some TLC as my brother had gotten to them too. But a few repro labels, paint, basic ingenuity for fix broken parts, ebay hunts for guns, hands and feet, I managed to get Superion back to his former glory. He sits in pride of place on my desk at home.

It was also around this time that Target had a sale and I picked up MP4, my first Optimus prime.

The hunt to restore Superion was so much fun that I started the hunt for sludge. I found him on Ebay in America. For what he is, he is one of the more expensive figures I own, but totally worth it.
    Sludge arrived about the same time as the first live action move.
    I wasn’t interested in the toys at first, except that I felt I should at least get one figure from the movie line. That figure was Cliffjumper
    I eventually collected the full movie cast and from there started collecting heavily, including Generations, CHUG what ever it is now, Animated, Prime, select third party, and some RiD.

2014 was a significant year as I got to meet Peter Cullen at Supanova in Brisbane as he Signed MP4.
    From one Optimus to another, “Optimus you have been officiated”

My collecting has settled a bit due to financial constraints and lately I’ve been trying to cull some of the excess figures that I bought when I was full boar collecting. So yes, I will have stuff for sale.
    But in searching I also rediscovered some gems and customs projects that id forgotten about and thought I share.

Anyway, that intro went a little longer than I anticipated.

Hi and welcome to the boards!

That was an interesting read. I too love my MP-4. It’s a great piece.

Anyway, don’t feel shy about contributing
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hey welcome!

I think those early Alternators helped a lot of people (like me) rediscover what they liked about Transformers. Hope you enjoy it here, this board is a great place.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Hi Silverbolt and welcome. That was an excellent introduction.

Yes the curse of the careless/wreckless sibling - I lost quite a few toys that way! I can't believe I didn't buy the early MP's at Target back in the day, especially MP-4.

Enjoy the board, you will be surprised how wide the topics range (beyond Transformers).

Galvatran Guest

Glad you took the plunge to start interacting in our community. Enjoy your time here.

MP4 Optimus Prime on sale at Target back in the day seems to be a highlight for many a TF collectors.

Of two cousins of mine, the younger sibling wreaked havoc on his brother's G1 Kickback. Anyway, enjoy your time here.

Hi Silverbolt, pleased to meet you.

Let me add to the chrorus of those saying you wrote a great introduction.

Did you ever catch the G1 reruns they used to show at 3.30pm in 90-91 (about the same time the Classics G1 toys were being released)?

Best regards
    Dazz
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

Quote Originally Posted by dsaint View Post
    Hi Silverbolt, pleased to meet you.

Let me add to the chrorus of those saying you wrote a great introduction.

Did you ever catch the G1 reruns they used to show at 3.30pm in 90-91 (about the same time the Classics G1 toys were being released)?

Best regards
    Dazz
    Yes, I thought that was the first time it had been released. Finally got around to watching headmasters this year.

I initially thought that was the first they were released too -until later in 1990 my father pulled out original Onslaught and Bumblebee toys I had been given as a toddler - and told me I had refused to see Transformers the Movie in Theatres because I thought the ads were scary and made me cry.

Best regards
    Dazz
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil