Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Transformers Legacy: A Celebration of Transformers Package Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's actually pre-Japanese-Transformers Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet. (Basically Skywarp, Thundercracker and Starscream 'upgraded' with new wings, tailfins and/or weapons, exactly the same as they were in that prototype image from which they created e-Hobby Bad Boy and Pathfinder.) The SpaceBridge.net used to have those illustrations years ago when it was online, but most of it can now be seen here. That 'Thrust' is retconned to become TFCC's Nacelle character.
    Yeah, I know about those ones... I saw them in the book with three redecos of Starscream that were noted as "unreleased Gen2", but didn't see where it said "unreleased Gen1" next to the "coneheads".

Still, there were 31-ish unreleased Gen2 toys that were included in the book, plus a few others we've known about... which is a lot that they had in the pipeline when the line was axed.

(each time I go back to that book for something, I get so distracted at all the purdy pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I've bitten the bullet and ordered via Book Depository It will be a nice little Xmas pressie to myself and the next best thing to actually opening a vintage G1 toy on Xmas morning
    I might have to do the same, use of the original art where possible really makes the images pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's actually pre-Japanese-Transformers Dirge, Thrust and Ramjet. (Basically Skywarp, Thundercracker and Starscream 'upgraded' with new wings, tailfins and/or weapons, exactly the same as they were in that prototype image from which they created e-Hobby Bad Boy and Pathfinder.) The SpaceBridge.net used to have those illustrations years ago when it was online, but most of it can now be seen here. That 'Thrust' is retconned to become TFCC's Nacelle character.
    I have that Japanese poster where the artwork is from, didn't give it a second thought until now

Received my copy last Friday and although I'm not meant to have looked at it yet (it's supposed to be a Xmas pressie from the wife), I snuck a quick peek. Very impressed by the quality of the images!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

With the joy you old G1 fans are expressing about the book, I can only hope something similar is produced for the Beast Era at some point in the future.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

(each time I go back to that book for something, I get so distracted at all the purdy pictures)
    Yeah, loving my copy! And its interesting to see how when I show it to mates their eyes light up when they spot the package art from a TF they recieved as a kid