Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP 27 rumour - Mirage (confirmed false)

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Say hello to a future Goodbye Convoy Giftset then!
    I can see the dollar signs already.

If we get Mirage, that three pack is guaranteed... for at least US$200. (based on the retail prices of single existing MPs in Japan)

As long as someone makes him I'll be happy, though I'd rather TakTom do it, as so far all the Autobot cars have been winners. I still would prefer Jazz first though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I dunno. Generations Arcee didn't stop MMC from producing their Azalea figure.
    Yeah, but Azalea was a lot further down the design process before Hasbro announced there's, and the two toys seem significantly different in both design and quality.

An MP on the other hand is already higher end collectors toy, so I think MMC will need to offer something distinctly different if they do release their own Mirage.

Hopefully it is true. MP Mirage would be one of the more interesting cars for me. (Bluestreak never did it for me)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Megatran Guest

Has there been unconfirmed reports on the characters for MP-25 & 26?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I dunno. Generations Arcee didn't stop MMC from producing their Azalea figure.
    their alt modes were quite different though. MMCs Arcee had a more cybertronian hover car design vs the g1 arcee rubber wheels futuristic earth car mode.

MMCs Sphinx however looks bang on G1. Which isn't a good move considering what happened to FansToys 'Soundwave' It also means a lot of people will hold out on MP scale toys if they feel an official Takara version will ocme out soon anyway - pretty much how I feel about that mirage and sunstreaker.

At the moment, Takara seem to be focused on Autobot cars from the 1984 toy line so thats something.

The RobotJapan page at the top has now confirmed this as a hoax.

(Personally I think there will be a Mirage before MP-30 anyway).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Oh well, i'm sure he'll pop up sooner or later

If they could do a Wheeljack that resembles the Gen1 toy quite well, Mirage would be a likely future toy, as they've done a lot of 1984 characters in the last couple years.

It would be funny if this ends up being true, and the source in the first post are just retracting the rumour to avoid getting in trouble (too late now though).

No more Autobot MPs, we need more Decepticons. And this is someone that really wants an MP Ratchet more than any other MP right now.