Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listings for Generations Protectobots in Walmart Database

Default Listings for Generations Protectobots in Walmart Database

A member of (or informant to) TheAllSpark.com has had a look into Walmart's database and has revealed the following items for the Generations line in 2015:

Generations Legends Groove
    Generations Legends DPT Viper
    Generations Legends Warpath
    Generations BLD (Blades)
    Generations Street (Streetwise/Streetsmart)
    Generations First Aid
    Generations Protectobot Rook

So far, there's no sign of a voyager (Hot Spot).

Original Article:

http://www.allspark.com/content/2014...combiner-wars/
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Default Generations Protectobots?

The Allspark site has claimed to have come across some new Generations toy listings on a Walmart computer... including four of the Protectobots names.

Generations Legends Groove
    Generations Legends DPT Viper
    Generations Legends Warpath
    Generations BLD (Blades)
    Generations Street (Streetwise/Streetsmart)
    Generations First Aid
    Generations Protectobot Rook
    No listing for the Voyager/torso was found, however one would imagine that it would be Hot Spot.
    Similar to the recent Asian Protectobots set, Groove has been given a smaller size-class toy to the others, which would probably end up being a weapon or shield... similar to Powerglide and the black car Blackjack for the Stunticons.

That makes three combiners... and if there are 16 Deluxes expected for 2015, it means one more combiner left to reveal.
    Who will it be? Constructicons, Combaticons, or another team.

(beat me to the news posting... so merged the two)

So if correct, Groove being a Legend sized weapon/addon for a Defensor combiner is a better way to keep sizes consistent and keep him in the team. What form "Rook" might take is hard to guess....

Wouldn't it be funny (in a bad way, because it would be so typical), if HotSpot was just a light blue redeco of Optimus/Motormaster.

Protectobot Rook is obviously the new member. Are there any other kinds of emergency vehicles he (or she) could transform into, presuming all the others stay the same as their G1 altmodes?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny (in a bad way, because it would be so typical), if HotSpot was just a light blue redeco of Optimus/Motormaster.
    I honestly wouldn't mind if they used the Motormaster chest with the Optimus head in Hot Spot colours and some type of ladder weapon. Then again, a new mould would be fantastic. I'm planning to get both Optimus and MM, so it would be nice not to have three trucks of the same kind.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Actually, I kind of like that idea for Groove. Not G1 accurate, sure, but it does neatly address the scale issue.
    Of course, it's also kind of ironic to have the 'pacifist Protectobot' become a weapon, so there's that too.

I'm sure I'll end up regretting saying this when Hasbro reveals their Voyager-Optimus basic recolour Hot Spot (so hope we're wrong on that count), but...well played, Hasbro.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 29th November 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was all set to get all of wave 1, only getting prime for fun while waiting for MM wave 2, but now that other people are sharing my thoughts about a hot spot repaint, I'll skip Optimus til we're sure. Op might combine in the future in the comics, but for me, he didnt in G1 so he wont be gestalt'ing on my shelf.

Edit: does megs have combiner ports/connectors? I see a post on his upper arm but havent read
    Edit again: oh, he's leader not voyager, nvm

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    should we be expecting anything less?

Its possible Hasbro would simply repaint Optimus/Motormaster into Hotspot, but I think its unlikely for one reason. If the Combaticons are going to happen, they will do a new voyager mold just for Onslaught which could be repainted/retooled into Hotspot. I will be very disappointed if Hotspot is a repaint of optimus
    There is lots of potential for future repaints and extra products, eg. G2 Superion, G2 Menasor! or change sides, decepticon Aerialcons, or Autobot Stunticons

Also Constructicons are possible, they could just will be released differently, maybe in a box set instead. So even on the schedule there is like 4 voyagers, and 16 deluxes, It dosen't mean they can't squeeze in one more combiner team in a boxset I'm hopeful anyway.
    This is all just speculation, that I have read in online forums, I just wanted to say it all again! cause wouldn't it be cool