Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

I'll gladly take another Prime to add to my collection. If sales and reissues of MP-10 are any indication he is still a popular character and good seller for Takara.

I'll wait till we have much clearer photos before I start being critical of this new figure.
    I love MP-10 but I'm open to diversity in the design and engineering of a new version; Maybe they're keen to try and implement some of that in this new figure.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In my honest opinion, I don’t think it would have bugged anyone if they didn’t make this and focus on the remaining g1.

I think I was one of the few who was underwhelmed how mp-10 was.
    And to be clear it was just mainly paint issues they didn’t get right.

As much I am not a fan of beast wars but their masterpiece is more consistent.

V3 I am not sure if they sticking to translucent yellow on the waist but I rather they did it solid yellow pieces.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Well, personally I am glad they're revisiting Prime for a more cartoon accurate version. I hope they do the same with Starscream.

A lot of people are getting all worked up at the MP line right now. The diversification into both Beast Wars and Movie Masterpiece over the last few years has put a bee in the bonnet of many G1 fans who had dreams of seeing a completed Season 1/2 cast due to the previous high pace of releases. Add to this the slow down in the release of new G1 characters, the myriad of repaints the line throws at us and the lack of any information or clarity about where the line is headed and this new Optimus is just another frustration on top of many.

I was initially in the “Don’t want it, don’t need it” camp, but the more I look at it and also consider that MP-10 was released in 2011, I find myself starting to look forward to this new version. I mean, 7-8 years between Optimus Primes isn’t too bad. Go ask a Soul of Chogokin collector to tell you about Mazinger-Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Well, personally I am glad they're revisiting Prime for a more cartoon accurate version. I hope they do the same with Starscream.
    Despite what I said above I will spit the dummy if they announce a new seeker mould. I’m 6 deep in the MP-11 mould and do not want to start all over again.

...I’m not saying that MP-11 isn’t out of date and Starscream and co couldn’t greatly benefit from a new figure, just from a financial and perceived value standpoint, I’m gonna be pissed
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Oh dont start about the Mazinger crap, not sure how many Bandai releases each year and we only get like ONE new chogokin or lucky two.

Optimus V3 looks okay, I just think is not that important.

Didn't think a 3.0 was needed until I got MP-36 in hand. MP-10 looks dated and aesthetically out of place next to Megs. Personally am very glad they're doing a new one.

Very happy with where the MP line is headed now.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Despite what I said above I will spit the dummy if they announce a new seeker mould. I’m 6 deep in the MP-11 mould and do not want to start all over again.
    Haha yeah, I totally get that. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought all of the Seekers so far. I just don't like the design at all, but love Starscream as a character. It's sad when third party versions looks amazing by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Didn't think a 3.0 was needed until I got MP-36 in hand. MP-10 looks dated and aesthetically out of place next to Megs. Personally am very glad they're doing a new one.

Very happy with where the MP line is headed now.
    You mean you are happy that we continue to get repaints and a tuneup version each year instead of new characters?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    You mean you are happy that we continue to get repaints and a tuneup version each year instead of new characters?
    The last couple of years we’ve had lots of new molds each year, just not all g1. This year’s slowed down a bit but if you really count there are three new molds; two BWs and one movie. I don’t care for/collect repaints.

If you mean the more cartoon accurate aesthetics they’re going for. Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Maybe they thought this would be a 'safer' option but there is already a bit of debate about the merits of this version. The time and money spent doing this could potentially have been used on other characters who haven't had one MP yet, instead of a THIRD Optimus.

The aesthetic argument will probably go on forever. How can you commit to full slavish animation accuracy above all else when the very medium is subject to so many errors and inconsistencies. I think finding a happy medium between the essence of toy and animation looks is better but hey I'm not in charge haha.
    I totally agree.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)