Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW Megaton TM2 Dragon

Default BW Megaton TM2 Dragon

Just arrived this week & to my dismay I noticed the neck lever was upside down. Took a gamble & unscrewed it, no problem. Turned it the right way up & screwed it back in so the the pointed part is facing the head & not the tail. If you have an unpackaged one you might wanna check it!

Heh, this is a pretty well known error and repair. It's also mentioned on the tfwiki page:
    Quote Originally Posted by tfwiki
    This lever was apparently installed backwards due to factory error - it can be used to lock the dragon neck in place, but must first be unscrewed and reattached correctly.
    I got TM2 Megatron back in late 1999, but didn't write a review for him until 2000, and re-reading my old review I didn't mention this factory flaw or the repair for it. I was actually more critical of the very poorly drawn instructions than I was of the factory-error on the lever!

I sold mine because I thought it was faulty

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    I sold mine because I thought it was faulty

Whaaaaa--?!? Dude, do you know how exceedingly RARE that toy (and his casemate Tigerhawk) was in Australia?!??! I personally never found either of the TM2 Ultras in stores, despite extensive searching.

TM2 Megatron couldn't have been that rare. I managed to find him in my town when he was released (and we missed a lot of the later toys.) I also remember seeing a massive stack (like 30 or more) of them for sale in Brisbane after Beast Wars had ended its TV run. Priced at $20 each. I'm constantly kicking myself for not buying a couple back then

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Whaaaaa--?!? Dude, do you know how exceedingly RARE that toy (and his casemate Tigerhawk) was in Australia?!??! I personally never found either of the TM2 Ultras in stores, despite extensive searching.
    Please stop making me regret it even more

Off to ebay

Really? Found mine at Uncle Pete's late 90's got it for a song. Never found tigerhawk though.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    TM2 Megatron couldn't have been that rare. I managed to find him in my town when he was released (and we missed a lot of the later toys.) I also remember seeing a massive stack (like 30 or more) of them for sale in Brisbane after Beast Wars had ended its TV run. Priced at $20 each. I'm constantly kicking myself for not buying a couple back then
    Exactly how I found mine when I was a kid. Both Megs and Tigerhawk in massive quantities at $19.99 a pop on clearance at Mr Toys.

It isn't that rare in Australia. What is rare now is one in decent condition which means that it had a lot of kid appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Exactly how I found mine when I was a kid. Both Megs and Tigerhawk in massive quantities at $19.99 a pop on clearance at Mr Toys.
    To be fair, Goktimus is in Sydney, so they don't have Toyworlds... which is where most of the stock ended up on clearance (like a lot of old excess stock over the years - which the Reject Shop now seems to be the preferred outlet).