Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2008 Starscream revealed.

The only reason I posted it was b/c TFW2005 frontpaged it. It's good enough for me if they put it up as they are widely considered reliable. Otherwise, I would've been more suspicious.

I actually quite like it - as opposed to the other BotCon releases so far this year (Jazz is ok).

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I actually quite like it - as opposed to the other BotCon releases so far this year (Jazz is ok).
    I'm with you. I like the Jetfire colours and I like the mould.

However, my gripe is that it's supposed to be Starscream. They should at least have preserved the black head and yellow cockpit. See, the plot could've been that heroic Starscream watched his best mate Skyfire perish at the hands of the Autobots and has since sworn to fight for his memory hence the choice of colours.

The problem is that they need to keep it Starscream somehow. The blackhead and the yellow cockpit are vital in my opinion. His colours as we see there destroy the entire vibe of the boxset. It's like Grimlock's repaint too. It really is just Trypticon. Might as well have made him a Decepticon.

So yeah, when I get him from my loose set Starscream will most likely get Autobot stickers instead and become Cybertronian Skyfire.

I'm kinda disappointed by this line thus far ...

dose this mean, with the evil autobots and heroic dcons, are there more then one boxed set, do we have to buy two separate sets here or is it just one big mother load?

Quote Originally Posted by turtle boy View Post
    dose this mean, with the evil autobots and heroic dcons, are there more then one boxed set, do we have to buy two separate sets here or is it just one big mother load?
    From my understanding the set consists of:

Optimus
    Goldbug
    Jazz
    Grimlock
    Starscream

The attendee figures include: Megatron, 1?, 2?,3? plus the freebie figure that all attendees get = 4?

So there's 4 unknowns at this moment.

Megatron is apparently Energon Megatron being repainted. For the life of me that's a terrible decision. Horrible scale and all. It seems strange too b/c that means this year's assortments contains larger figures than previous years.

hmm, thats weird, why would you make a heap of "Evil Autobots" and only one "Heroic Dcon"? It makes no sence. And if most of the figures are classed as Classics then why throw in random un classic line molds?

I can actually appreciate this repaint from the theme that they're doing with this year's BotCon set - Heroic Decepticons and Evil Autobots. And Starscream in Jetfire's colours does make sense considering the cartoon origins of Starscream and Jetfire (Skyfire) as scientists on Cybertron until Starscream eventually abandoned his quest for knowledge and became a warrior instead. In the reverse goatee universe, it would seem that Starscream has stayed on his original path as a scientist - and presumably it is Jetfire who would have become an evil warrior (but I doubt they'd do an evil Classics Jetfire repaint considering that they've already repainted the CL Jetfire mould as Dreadwind... it'd be doable though).

I hate the mold but like the colours, so where does that leave me? :/

Just get Jetfire?

The Voyager Cybertron/Galaxy Force Starscream mould is a pretty nice mould when done with good colours (re: Galaxy Force Starscream). IMO it's a better War Within Starscream toy than Titanium Series War Within Starscream!

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 22nd February 2008 at 03:56 PM.