View Poll Results: How would you like to represent OZFORMERS?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lanyards?

24 57.14%
  • ID Stickers?

1 2.38%
  • Just wear tf gears?

5 11.90%
  • Banners?

0 0%
  • Jerseys?

7 16.67%
  • ID Pins?

1 2.38%
  • Other Suggestions

4 9.52%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozformers Out In The Open!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hence my suggestion for a lanyard.

Other issues to consider:
    + T-shirts get covered up on cold days
    + Jerseys can get too hot on warm days (esp long-sleeve jerseys)

Lanyards also allow us to wear our own TF clothes (or blasphemous(TM) non-TF clothes ) of choice, thus being less restrictive on people's fashion choice. I reckon you'd get better compliance with lanyards compared to shirts or jerseys. Not everyone might be willing to pay $23 for a T-shirt, but perhaps more people would pay a few dollars for a lanyard.
    I'm not wearing a dog collar, I already get lead around by the ear when I'm in rouble with the missus, if she had something around my neck to grab hold of it'd be the end of me

I think Zed's point is relevant here - I'm like Vector Prime in that I'm not the sort who'd wear a lanyard, and while I have TF shirts I rarely wear then to meets.

Lanyards _are_ more versatile, less restrictive (if someone has somewhere else to go, they don't need to being something to change into) and in all likelihood, cheaper.

In the end whatever it is will be done by some & not by others. Given that, I'd suggest that whatever outcome wins, Optics, you'd have to decree the design or put up a simple poll and decree that the winning entry _will_ be printed for whoever opts in.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    T-shirts are still a good idea, but the design may be on hold due to a few upcoming changes here.
    Really??? How so? I was planning on seeing my cousin this week but if the logo will be changed then I may wait.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Voted lanyard.

I don't wear lanyards, but they always come in handy to hold my car or home keys.

I guess its between lanyards and shirts? I guess the first step to keep this rolling and to make some progress is the how its going to look like. Im kinda working on some designs to put on cards but again it might take me a fair bit longer than expected il try to post them soon. As for the lanyards im still canvasing the prices if bought in bulk, unless anyone can help me find a cheap company that does a decent price. I was actually planning of checking it in the Philippines cos it seems to be cheaper and good quality materials is being used to produce them. Everyone is welcome to create and submit they're own design and from then we'll have a poll to pick which is best they think would be good for the lanyard design. il take the responsibility on the printing and laminating side of things.

As for the shirt I think it is a good idea but the only thing i could offer is try and help with the design but somebody else has to take charge on making this happen? Its kinda a lot of work and i just don't think I could manage my time to organise it. and thats why i think we should stick to lanyards...lol but then again that is my opinion. If somebody steps up, count me in with the shirts and il try to help with the design as well.

Either would be cool. Now i want to know what Griff's doing with the logo....
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

If the logo is to be changed a bit, maybe we should wait just a little bit until that's done?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    (All of us having the same T-shirts at a meet would be weird, in my opinion.)
    I was thinking this too, we'd look like a bunch of sheep. It's bad enough you see gangs of kids all sporting the same hairstyle and clothes, last thing we need is a bunch of nerds all dressed in pink Ozformer shirts (it is gunna be pink right? )

Nothing wrong with a pink shirt. Buster Witwicky wore a pink shirt in the G1 comics and got a babe like Jesse.

And Jesse is HAWT.

Deceptic_Optics: How about you just print the cards and leave it up to individual people to provide their own lanyards or clips etc.? Some of us already have lanyards like from events such as BotCon, movie premieres etc.

e.g.: here's me wearing my movie ticket on a lanyard at the Fox Studios premiere of Transformers:

Alternatively we could use alligator clips and just clip the cards onto themselves, like the stallholder tags we had at Smash!

Perhaps you could just print the cards out and leave it up to individual fans to provide lanyards, alligator clips or whatever they see best to wear/display the cards on their persons.