Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: FansProject's Lost Exo-Realm (Dinobots)

What is the scale like to CHUG figures. I would like CHUG dinobots rather than MP dinobots if they are not official Takara/Hasbro stuff
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I got Cubrar (Slag) He is not perfect and has his 'What the?' flaws but still, a very good toy and I am happy with it. I like how they hide the face in Triceratops mode with a flamer 'mask'
    Happy with the outcome - excellent dino and robot modes. Whilst the plastic quality is still the FP-standard of previous releases, the 'what the' flaws do water down the FP standard for quality.

I think the most annoying transformation are flaps when first flipping the legs out from dino mode. Can't seem to find a way to fluidly transform it without a small amount of resistance (not as bad as the feet of Car Crash and T-Bone, but I dislike resistance or bending hard plastic when transforming). The other annoying transformation is getting the 'wings' over and under the chromed frill (paranoid of scratching the chrome). The hip t-socket is extremely loose on mine (almost able to spin like a helicopter's blades), so I'm not able to unplug the tail and use it for hip rotation.

A sturdy figure, with awesome movement in the shoulders. Really wished they are able to allow the Targetmaster's handle to fold back all the way down. Also, to fix the tightness of his hands when holding the weapon. Lastly, they should have done something about the sword hilt, so he's able to hold the sword properly in a slicing stance.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I found Cubrar awesome after Columpio, as he seemed to address almost every major issue I had with Columpio, and the joints on mine are all solid by comparison. The only issues I have are that he can't quite hold his gun secure, while they improved his grip on the sword, the smaller handle of the gun does not seem to benefit.

Also his robo lips are a little odd, like the previous toy.

Can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    What is the scale like to CHUG figures. I would like CHUG dinobots rather than MP dinobots if they are not official Takara/Hasbro stuff
    He stands slightly taller than a big voyager in robot mode, and is way more bulky than a voyager would ever be. Don't have a pic on me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    They scale reasonably well with CHUG - possibly a little too large, but very close. They're my CHUG Dinobots.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Cool, I am leaning towards them to be my CHUG dinobots. They should be pretty big as the Dinobots were big in the cartoon. Now to find some at a reasonable price.....
    Spiderken Away!

So I got my back-end of 2014 PoL from BBTS in about a fortnight or so ago and decided to actually delve into it over the past week.

Yesterday I took some photos of my latest FansProject acquitions, in the forms of:
    • Columpio & Drepan
    • Sigma L
    • Cubrar & Tekour

Rather annoyingly, Tekour seems to like to grip shafts with a greater amount of firmness than I'd of liked, as he refused to relinquish the tip of one of his Axe's handles and the bloody thing ended up sheering off! >_<

I decided to focus on Columpio for yesterday's quick shoot, as Sludge was my first ever Dinobot toy as a kid and hence is my favourite also.

The thing with all 3 figures is that they're all awesome in terms of detail, paint apps and engineering; One can see a clear progression in terms of build quality and design from Columpio to Cubrar, but the former really only suffers from some looser than desired ball joints in the shoulders and hips.

With that said, this bloke feels great, is more sizeable than what I was expecting with plenty of mass in the right places, all whilst being able to pose WAY better than any Dinobot that preceded it (With the exception perhaps of some of the "Masterpieces" ).

Drepan in Bot mode suffers from the WELL publicised protruding proboscis out of his back that is honestly entirely undesirable but as a "Targetmaster" of sorts he's certainly no worse than any of the recent Power Core Combiner Minicons that were supposedly meant to fit the same role.

His Alt mode is somewhat ill-fitted in that he has WAY too much mass to really be considered a proper blade and I think he'd off done better as a straight-up mace or morning-star but he is what he is and in the end I think I would've preferred the "Diaclone" man that came with the Convention Exclusive version of Columpio.

Where Drepan shines is as a "Dinorider" for Columpio in Beast mode!

As a HUGE fan of both Transformers Dinobots and the old 80s line Dinoriders, this gimmick hits me squarely on the nostalgia button and is a great carry-over from FansProject's original G1-inspired combiner, the RetroFuture Glacialbots.

Columpio as a Dino looks gorgeous and really nails the look of a modern Sludge brilliantly; the weapon placement, the Rifle even having a degree of transformation itself, is a complete nod to the original toy from the Diaclone-era.

Just look at this head, ALLL Robo-Diplodocus up in here!

I'm absolutely in love with this figure, it's exactly what I'd hoped it'd be and apart from a slight issue with ball joint tolerances, I'd say this is the perfect modern take on a G1 Sludge if the Cartoon is more your focus and you're not after a WFC/FOC look or "Masterpiece" figure - Definitely recommended, with & without bias-glasses.

I'd hoped to take more photos of what I got today, been a bit busy though so maybe next weekend or something but next up will definitely be Cubrar.

^Great pics and review, mate

I got me the convention exclusive FP Sludge and haven't opened that yet.

Cubrar's great... Really tricky to transform from beast to bot.
    Hated the panels scraping each other and all that.

It's a pity your Tekour snapped... I was given fair warning of this risk from one of the FB TFs sites about this... Think it was from Daim Choc.
    The trick is to pull with gradual force and not to twist, this will prevent the plastic from shearing off.
    I've done it once but I won't attempt to place the weapon in Tekour's hand ever again... That grip is just nuts!