Thread: Collectable vinyl toys thread

Default Collectable vinyl toys thread

Ok, if you're like me you've probably had a raised eyebrow to what kind of vinyl toys we're talking about. Well call them art, adult collectible toys (snigger?), vinyl collectables or just a waste of space if you will but these so called collectable vinyl toys have been things I've been collecting on and off for quite some time. Mostly off right now due to the exchange rate but still do get the odd piece now and then.

Now everyone here are collectors of some level and some of you may also collect some of these limited articulation pieces. If you do collect, and it's not limited to vinyl as this can be plastic, resin, wood etc, just thought I'd start up a place where we can all share some pics and thoughts and hopefully not just me posting stuff up.

I'm rejigging my displays to combine TFs, Gundams and these little pieces of plastic goodness into some weird hotchpotch so will post more pics of random stuff in this category that gets moved around from time to time.

First up I have my latest acquisition which is actually TF related (just about everything else in this category of my collection isn't). This one was introduced at the Emerald City Comic Con earlier this year. It's Hasbro licensed by Welovefine and is designed by artist Wade Schin. Picked Soundwave up from the fine gents at All Star Comics in Melbourne. Was about to walk out when I spied this lovely little fella from the corner of my eye.

It's about 7 inches tall and nearly as wide at 5.5 inches. It's not quite vinyl but a harder plastic of which feels like ABS plastic but in a matt look. Also comes with a hard rubber black cassette.

Articulation wise. Well, an astoundingly, amazingly total of one if you can even count this as a motion. The front cassette door opens up and you can fit the cassette in there. Mine is not the convention exclusive as this comes with a green cassette.

And here's a comparison with Animated Deluxe Soundwave. My MP is currently sitting in the box awaiting shelving allocation and no G1 in my collection yet.

Well I really like this little guy. Combines the G1 look seemlessly with a SD feel that makes me think he looks like a total workout bro ie. Huge upper body with pin legs.

Nice score man; I preordered this with "We Love Fine" about a week or so the Emerald City Comic Con, after learning of it from George Gaspar (October Toys) on Toy Break - To say WLF's comms are crap would be putting it lightly as they made no mention that the June release date had been pushed back to November, even still, my order status reads "Failed" which is confusing...

So whether I get this figure remains to be seen, but I'm glad someone local decided to grab one and post their thoughts about it; as a Soundwave (Mold) Collector, it's a very different take on the guy but an interesting one nonetheless.