Thread: custom DOTM deluxe Leadfoot

Default custom DOTM deluxe Leadfoot

Based on a design I saw on TFW2005 Radicons... a mistransformed and repainted Topspin. This was going to be used for an armored version of Roadbuster, but I thought this would be a better use (and cheaper than buying a real Leadfoot).
    I used strips from a toothpaste tube for his beard (which you can't see anyway behind his windscreen chest ) and his boosters came from the feet of a G1 jumpstarter. I'm not sure which one... all I had left of it was the legs. The side machine guns came from DOTM Laserbeak.

That really works! I was worried that it may look just like a red Topspin, but you've really given him his own look. Very nice work!

I've got the Reprolabels set for the deluxe Leadfoot and I've since given up on ever owning him, would you like them? It's got the various advertising labels and stuff. If you're interested, PM me your address and I'll send them out to you.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

That's really well done, it's such a shame that Hasbro never released a complete set of wreckers in the same configuration in the same size class, it would have been money in the bank for them.

I'm not familiar with the deluxe transformation but they really don't look like the same two robots apart from carefully picking out some details on the arms and legs.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    That really works! I was worried that it may look just like a red Topspin, but you've really given him his own look. Very nice work!

I've got the Reprolabels set for the deluxe Leadfoot and I've since given up on ever owning him, would you like them? It's got the various advertising labels and stuff. If you're interested, PM me your address and I'll send them out to you.
    Thanks, that'd be great. I was eyeing them off on Reprolabels' site recently.

PM coming

Top stuff there

Looks real good! I was thinking of getting a orange Roadbuster deluxe as my Leadfoot but maybe a Topspin is better.

That mis-transformation really does look pretty dam good and you've done a great job on the paint job.

With the Movie Advanced line cranking out some of the best moulds we've seen from the Movieverse maybe we'll get lucky and see a re-release of the ever elusive Deluxe Leadfoot.