Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which 3p Dinobots?

I've wanted a Swoop since I was a kid. Realistically, I thought the best chance I would get to a G1 Swoop would be a KO of the Diaclone (Swoop ain't red!).

Soar fills that need. Now I can sell off Caelus at some point, likely when I think out my Generations figures - and boy do I need to do that!

As a fan of the FOC art style, Planet X's dinobots have me hooked...and I guess that's amplified knowing that there's a good chance Hasbro/TT aren't going to make FOC versions. Now, masterpiece dinobots from Hasbro/TT, while small, there's always a possibility.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am absolutely enjoying scoria and soar , they go very well with MP grimlock and all my other MPs the quality of these things makes me want to get their version of grimlock if they do one. Fanstoys all the way for me as they fit in with my collection so well

Scoria IMO was one of my best 3p buys of 2014 (the other being feral rex), I'm going to continue with fans toys dibots and get soar when I'm in China end of the month can't wait!

OK, I need some Dinobots for my CHUG collection and I have narrowed it down to Fansproject and Toyworld. Both have pros and cons, can I get a few opinions on what others would get and why? I am having a tough time deciding.
    Spiderken Away!

Fansproject.

Toyworld dinobots have weird chests.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Fansproject.

Toyworld dinobots have weird chests.
    I concur.

Fansproject Columpio was a little disappointing but they hit their stride with Cubrar, I was undecided between FP and TW before, but I think Cubrar has cemented FP as the dominant player for CHUG style Dinos in my mind.

I just got both Dinos from FP... Love em!

I got FansToys not-Slag and -Swoop.
    I kind of jumped the gun with their not-Slag and pre-ordered the red version, not knowing that they were due to release a more G1-toy-inspired deco later on. I've since put that one on pre-order as well.
    I got their blue not-Swoop which is just gorgeous. Not keen on their red not-Swoop.

I know, I know. I'm getting their toy-inspired not-Slag, and have their toon-inspited not-Soar. I like what I like.

And I LOVE the look of GigaPower's not-dinobots, but am having trouble finding a retailer who will commit to stocking them, that won't cost me an arm and a leg in shipping.

I would like to have one from each company; to display FansToys' in robot mode and GigaPower's in dinosaur mode.

I'm also keen on GCreation's combiner.

Yeah... I've got a thing for dinobots.

anybody know much about the G creations shuraking? They look pretty good, and the combiner function adds a lot more play value...

Where can we get them?