Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: which 3p Dinobots?

I'm a huge fan of The Dinobots, I have the comic, animation and toy WST sets, full G1 set and am getting both the FansToys set and the GCreations set (to display in that Dinogodly combined mode)

anyone planning to get CHUG dinobots and a combiner as well, looking to pull the trigger on fanstoys and going to wait out on the best combiner when its complete

Although I collect both CHUG and MP figures, I'm going to go with Fansproject for some CHUG dinobots. A couple of things swung it that way for me:

1) Cost: with the current exchange rates, it'll cost me about $100 aud more (incl shipping) per Dinobot for FT's series over FP!

2) This is going to sound a bit ridiculous to some, but I'm just not wowed by the design aesthetics of the FT bots (or Gigapower). I know they are supposed to be MP and reflect the original cartoon/toy, but looking at the CHUG/3rd party chug scaled figures I have, I'm just wowed by their updated designs and aesthetics. I've watched a few video reviews of but Scoria and Cubrar, and I can't help but see Scoria as a potato from the side view (which I don't get from Cubrar). Obviously the fact that I've chosen FP creates bias in my view of non-FP Dinobots (re-validations of my choices, as every consumer does..).

The 3rd party and TT/Hasbro CHUG evoke G1 (for me), but aren't just G1 with more articulation (which is how I, sadly, see a lot of these MP scaled figures).

3) Shelf space! With 3rd party combiners and TT MP figures dominating my limited shelf space, including 4 3rd party MP Dino's would eliminate all the remaining space I have.

Not hating on anyone who is going for the 3rd party MP's (the engineering on some of these figures is incredible, I'm particularly impressed by FT Sever's legs), but just not what I'm after right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Prime View Post
    I'm a huge fan of The Dinobots, I have the comic, animation and toy WST sets, full G1 set and am getting both the FansToys set and the GCreations set (to display in that Dinogodly combined mode)
    you got thunderous?

FansProject and the Planet X stuff.

As far as toys go I actually really don't like the look of the G1 Dinobots. Can't stand the tail dragging upright t-rex, and the rest of them aren't crash hot either.

FP and PX are the only ones I've seen that deviate from that and also don't have combining features.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The new not-Grimlock in ToyWorld's dino combiner group looks pretty darn nice.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The new not-Grimlock in ToyWorld's dino combiner group looks pretty darn nice.
    Individually however, they're weaker than other offerings but I think together they look very promising
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Individually however, they're weaker than other offerings but I think together they look very promising
    Yeah I've only put down for FP's as I'm only interested in CHUG-scale. However I was really surprised that Corelock's robot mode did not seem to be as hindered by being the torso part of a gestalt.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by kjavis View Post
    you got thunderous?
    Yeah I did, had him displayed in bot mode for a while now he's a giant leg awaiting friends.