Page 28 of 168 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Giant arrived today!! He is absolutely friggin awesome!! You were right, Trent!.
    I just hope the not Predaking (UT) and not Menasor are half as good.

Of course I was right!

Good to hear you like it dude. He is fantastic. Some people aren't a fan of the derp face but once you see it in person it grows on you.

And I love how different each figure is. And the combined mode rocks!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just found this character at my local IGA (Biggera Waters), with a "Tim the Toyman" price sticker. Looks like an import, so may turn up at the Reject Shop/Dimmeys/Corner store.

I loved the colour scheme and size - makes for a good scout. His plane mode is vaguely reminiscent of EnergonCybertron Jetfire as a plane, perhaps a hrunk down version? The missles are a nice feature, no spring just a push to shoot.

You can see another character featured on the back, which looks very cool. There was a third (unpictured) character which is an F-35 Movie Starscream, but different transformation.

All are about scout sized.
    Last edited by reillyd; 22nd February 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Of course I was right!

Good to hear you like it dude. He is fantastic. Some people aren't a fan of the derp face but once you see it in person it grows on you.

And I love how different each figure is. And the combined mode rocks!
    Agreed. When I first saw it, I thought, definitely gonna change the head. But then I changed it and thought..nope, the other one was better LOL. So he is sitting on my shelf with the original head. Just such an impressive bot. Did you get any of the reprolabels that are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozboticon View Post
    Agreed. When I first saw it, I thought, definitely gonna change the head. But then I changed it and thought..nope, the other one was better LOL. So he is sitting on my shelf with the original head. Just such an impressive bot. Did you get any of the reprolabels that are available?
    Nah. The reprolabels seem a bit over the top for me. I'm just gonna pla e a few con emblems on him and that'll be it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

They're both upsized Unicron Trilogy mini-con KOs in different colours...

Just out of curiosity, why IS it referred to as a 'derp' face? - It's been called that since the proto photos & I just don't seem to understand it, to me it looks heavily reminiscent of facial aesthetics like that of the Brave series robots.

Personally I prefer the 'Derp' face but if anyone can explain to me what's dopey about it I'd appreciate it.

finally got my Drone together today and he looks pretty cool , only thing is that when i checked the packaging for him it said that the head is loose fitting so you have to use a bit of glue or nail polish to correct it. i used the glue and it has turned out fine, but i would have thought that it would have been a tight fit to start with. other than that it is a sweet looking TF overall, especially like the guns which are chromed up. so here is the pic.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

^^That looks pretty damn sweet Cranky, glad you're happy with him dude - Now if only he was available like that but in sky-blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    ^^That looks pretty damn sweet Cranky, glad you're happy with him dude - Now if only he was available like that but in sky-blue.
    Thanks Hursti, I do believe that you can also apply this kit to DoTM Vortex. Don't really know if he is sky blue will find out soon though as I have ordered one online. But would make a pretty sweet Whirl if it was.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!