Page 7 of 307 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

The VF 11 looks pretty awesome, alas at the current exchange rate I doubt I will be getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    Is that VF-11 a new version? Along the lines of the new 2.0 1/60's?

Also in 2009 Bandai are releasing this bang for your buck beauty; VF-25 1/100.

http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=6147
    That would be the partsformer I'd guess. If its not many bucks then maybe the bang would satisfy me. though I'd probably rather go with the 1/60 Bandai. Flawed as it is, it's not quite as pricey as the VF 11, and not quite as partsy as the 1/100.

I can't wait till they start making never before seen Valkyries in the 1/100 line though.

The11B looks kinda squashed in fighter mode, by comparison to the YF-19 and YF-21 at least. The small tail fins don't worry me that much tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I can't wait till they start making never before seen Valkyries in the 1/100 line though.
    Yeah. I really don't like the placement of the hips on the 1/100 VF-25 but the rest is ok with me, although I don't like parts swapping either . The other releases in the new 1/100 line will determine if I go back to grab the 25 as there are some great possibilities there (as long as they don't just rehash their Macross kits). Also curious to see how they compare with Toynami's "Masterpiece" line.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The11B looks kinda squashed in fighter mode, by comparison to the YF-19 and YF-21 at least. The small tail fins don't worry me that much tho.

Yeah. I really don't like the placement of the hips on the 1/100 VF-25 but the rest is ok with me, although I don't like parts swapping either . The other releases in the new 1/100 line will determine if I go back to grab the 25 as there are some great possibilities there (as long as they don't just rehash their Macross kits). Also curious to see how they compare with Toynami's "Masterpiece" line.
    Mmm now that you mention it a comparison to Toynami's line sounds like a good idea.

The VF-25 1/100 will retail for 4800 JPY, while the 1/60 version (which is almost identical, including the garish hips) is 12000 JPY. I think its pretty good value. Also consider that the 1/100 line will be covering a valk from every Macross series or Feature. There's potential here, especially for scale minded collectors. I do agree that the part swapping is a little scary, the amount of times I've frantically started Search and Recue missions for Revoltech hands and Weapons is crazy!

The Bandais seem like good value compared to the Yamatos and Toynami, who's first batches of Masterpieces were riddled with bad quality issues, I assume they have been fixed since tho.

Toynami have previewed Battle Pods too - there arn't alot of enemy mecha toys out there

As it is at the moment 4800 JPY is still pretty pricey for collectiong a whole set, ok for a one of though, but with so many funky Macross products being announced recently it's hard to find the resources to collect a whole set of anything. For me I'd rather have a sampler of everything than a whole set.

It'll be interesting to see how Bandai's toys compare with the competition, while I can't say I've been to unlucky with my Yamoto and Toynami toys, a few of them do have minor quibbles. I'm hoping bandai will release something with solid QC, but we'll see.

Is anyone considering the new Bandai 1/72 VF-25 kits. From the reviews I've read they're nicely engineered but a pain to paint and put together. I'd prefer something without the transform gimmick but this is the only game in town at the moment for the VF-25.

HLJ is Having a MACROSS CLEARANCE SALE! I scored a 1/48 Angel Bird for 5300 Yen! Thats $90.00! (or $53 3 months ago ) The new 1/60 2.0's are on sale too.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Christ, the 1/60 YF-21 is $350 plus shipping!!! Goddamn the shitty exchange rate!! I so regret not buying it now when the dollar was at 93c!!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Christ, the 1/60 YF-21 is $350 plus shipping!!! Goddamn the shitty exchange rate!! I so regret not buying it now when the dollar was at 93c!!
    Ouch! Yeah I should've mentioned that only a few items are on sale. But some the deals they do have are pretty good. Especially if your on the fence about some of the sale items.
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Just when you thought it was safe...

----------------------------------------------

Yamato 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich

Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 Macross from 'Macross: Do You REmember Love?' :

Bandai 1/100s line line-up (unconfirmed) :

Bandai 1/100 VF-25s and VF-19

Bandai Macross Frontier Macross Quarter prototype