Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Yeah I researched afterwards to confirm Mirages whereabouts, strange that he has barely been sighted in RiD if both writers wanted him, perhaps its more for the possibilities he opens up with storytelling?

I love the cover for #14, it's reminiscent of some Joker covers. Nice to have covers in these books that somewhat relate to story (or potential story) within.

Guess the cat is out of the bag regarding the big bad if Chromedome is working on him next issue. Ratchet will be busy!

(Also from the cover of #15, being a blue bot seems to be the most dangerous aspect of Lost Light living!)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Well looks like a significant part of the crew of The lost Light venerate Michael Bay's gunslinging take no prisoners Prime.

Interesting issue, the pace was a lot faster than the previous issues and we got some good character development too. It was cool to see some obscure Decepticons again, sad that I doubt we'll see many of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

The Autobots were a bit too battle ready/energon-hungry weren't they? I hope this gets addressed. The "peaceful" Autobots haven't really put the war behind them. Can they truly be at peace? How long will it take. It's interesting and new story material for Transformers. I really liked that Ultra Magnus was shown as a extremely good warrior, something that's easily overlooked with all his "duly appointed" etc comedy stuff.
    Not giving up the war seems to be a recurring theme for the current comics, consider meanwhile in RID Prowl blew Staxx away for roughing up Wheeljack without a warning. Despite their atrocities the Decepticons are starting to look like a marginalized lower class. I'm starting to sympathize with them, given their cause has been shown to once been caused by legitimate grievances and now they seem to be getting brutally put down far more than during the war.

As a personal wish I kinda hoped Nautilator had amounted to more. He was my favourite Seacon when I was a kid, but he's never been more than a short lived red shirt in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    As a personal wish I kinda hoped Nautilator had amounted to more. He was my favourite Seacon when I was a kid, but he's never been more than a short lived red shirt in the comics.
    At least he only turns into the seacons weapon?

Been Reading a few interesting thoughts regarding the voice asking Chromedome to let them in/open the door. Brainstorm is the obvious choice, but the relaxed informal language better suits a Hotrod or other character (but it is assumed that to know about Overlord they have to be high ranking).

Other option that I like he sound of is that it is inside Chromedome's head and it is either some backup of Red Alert or possibly even Overlord communicating with Chromedome thanks to an earlier needle session.

Also Rewind had his red light on throughout the issue so Chromedome may get to see Cyclonus saving his life before he is killed(necrobot list). I also wonder if the big mistake Chromedome makes is not Overlord related but his promise to Whirl for a favour? Could the cover for 14 & 15 be misleading and Overlord only goes on a spree in his or Chromedome's mind? Massive dropout and I doubt it will be the case but you never know!

Hurry up January, I need issue 13!

It's getting a bit hard to tell when a wound is fatal in this series. I assume they killed Nautilator but we thought the same about Rung.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Could the cover for 14 & 15 be misleading and Overlord only goes on a spree in his or Chromedome's mind? Massive dropout and I doubt it will be the case but you never know!
    When I saw that cover that was my first assumption actually.

I've also been pleased to see that in many of the comic reviewer/bloggers wrap ups of the best comics of 2012 I've seen have included this series. I can't recall when a TF comic has got such high praise and recognition from outside the fandom.

I assumed they killed Nautilator because he is not Sunstreaker or of Geewun origins, and therefore of a short lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    At least he only turns into the seacons weapon?
    But he is actually the second best Seacon as only he and Snaptrap have vaguely realistic sea creature modes. The rest are all more like fishmen, or sea creatures who have decided to evolve into land creatures.

Not sure who the mystery voice is, I can't help but suspect that Chromedone might actually know more than he lets on. Why does he more all the time anyway, there must be a reason? It even makes me wonder if Prowl's table flipping in the first issue was all for show, although I suppose no one actually saw him loose his temper, so that would make no sense, but I still wonder.

It's getting a bit hard to tell when a wound is fatal in this series. I assume they killed Nautilator but we thought the same about Rung
    It was interesting how the story touched upon the whole "Cybertronians are hard to kill" aspect with those "assisted suicide centres" where Chromedome and Rewind first met!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It was interesting how the story touched upon the whole "Cybertronians are hard to kill" aspect with those "assisted suicide centres" where Chromedome and Rewind first met!
    Worked out for Fry and Bender

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

No MtMtE this week, so the January issue should just scrape in next week..

Wish the schedule was a little more predictable, but guess if they need time to finish an issue, they should get it.

According to the IDW newsletter this morning MTMTE isn't out next week. Just the Drift hardcover. Two issues in February then I guess...

According to the IDW newsletter this morning MTMTE isn't out next week. Just the Drift hardcover. Two issues in February then I guess...
    Boo-urns.

MtMtE has been all over the shop since release, hopefully it does not equate to a below par art issue in the next few weeks.