Page 121 of 154 FirstFirst ... 101111116117118119120121122123124125126131141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Finally got around to watching the Power Rangers movie on the weekend.

What a horribly generic action hero movie with a lack of action it was. On top of that lots of missed opportunities. I've never been that much into the Poaer Rangers as such, sos wasn't that concerned about stuff, but wow. They dropped the ball many times!!

That's a short version of my rant that I did on my blog. Link if you feel so inclined to have a read.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Avengers: Infinity War - that was, for me, the most amazing experience! Just wow, 10 years and one more movie to go, and for once I truly have no idea what could happen next?! That ending...

Are we gonna make our own thread for this due to discussion/spoilers or what?

Black Panther: wasn’t a bad movie, but nothing special to be honest, don’t understand all the over hyping, stand outs were Michael Jordan (the actor not basketball player, I guess that’s why he needs to add the B lol) and Andy Serkis.

Avengers Infinity War: very cool action scenes, to be honest though, it was pretty predictable in general, but the fun was seeing how it all unfolds, and it covered a lot more ground than I thought it would, there was some unexpected cameos as well. Thanos was an interesting villain but was expecting them to delve a little more deeper into his backstory, perhaps we’ll get to know more in the next one. Oh and also you will have to wait until the end of all the credits to get your extra scene this time.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Every time I lose faith in Marvel I end up caving and seeing the latest iteration with mates and having a bloody good time. Had zero hopes for Spiderman, Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther and now Infinity War has just blown me away. Can't wait to see it again.

I really liked Infinity war and it was probably the best they could've done with that many characters in 2.5 hours. However if it were up to me I'd have it at 3 hours long.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Watched infinity wars. Miles ahead of the last Jedi.

Entertaining from beginning till end, no time wasters on useless plots etc.... each character was touched enough to make it all enjoyable.

Yes I pay to watch this again.

I too would like to see it again but I doubt I’ll be able to find the three hours to do so!

Very enjoyable, some things I thought might happen did, many things I did not even think of happened as well. Except for one bit at the end, the cgi was very very high quality, Brolin does a masterful job as a mocap character.

If you’ve liked the marvel films, you’ll love this. It’s probably the closest we’ve come to event cinema since the return of the king. This is something that is worth seeing at the cinemas and being part of the conversations about for the next few weeks.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

THIS POST CONTAINS TAGGED SPOILERS FOR AVENGERS ∞ WAR - DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST
    (or if you do, be sure to delete the spoilers so that it doesn't appear in your reply)

Okay, there's one part about Avengers Infinity War that doesn't make sense to me.

Why the hell did Dr. Strange give the Time Stone to Thanos?!? He said back on the doughnut ship that if it came to sacrificing either Iron Man or Spider Man in order to safeguard the Time Stone then he would do it in a heartbeat. As cruel as this may sound, it logically makes sense. You cannot save the life of one individual if it means sacrificing countless other lives. Strange said that Thanos would've obtained the Time Stone anyway, but I don't see how he could've since it looked like Strange had shunted it off in some other dimension or place that was inaccessible to Thanos. And Strange doesn't even have a close emotional bond with Stark - he only just met the guy! Gamora caving into Thanos upon seeing Nebula being tortured was understandable. Even Thanos weeping as he sacrificed Gamora made sense. And we can understand why Wanda didn't want to destroy the Mind Stone. All of these other characters are connected by love. But what love does Strange have for Stark?!?

I agree with what the Rolling Stones review said about the ending; "Avengers: Infinity War leaves viewers up in the air, feeling exhilarated and cheated at the same time, aching for a closure that never comes...at least not yet." I can't tell if this is the most brilliant or most frustrating thing I've ever seen... and we have to wait at least a year to find out what happens next?! Baawwww!! If I ever needed a Time Stone it'd be right now!

But while subjectively/emotionally it does kinda frustrate me, objectively speaking it is a really good piece of story-telling, and I agree with i_amtrunks that it's right up there with The Lord of the Rings. Objectively. Subjectively I still feel... gah!! My brain enjoyed the film but my heart hated it.

Infinity War reaction:

Don’t quite know what to say.

To answer your question Gok, without spoilers: Dr Strange does something earlier in the movie and then has some lines of dialogue that I think explain why he did what he did. I don’t know how or why, but I suspect Strange does.

Hope that makes sense! So hard to talk about this without spoilers. Does this movie deserve a spoiler thread?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

It’s probably best to do a spoiler thread but I’m on the same page as M-Bot for the Dr Strange question, that’s how I interpreted it, and at the conclusion I think he sort of confirms it (again that’s my interpretation). Hopefully you can get the gist of what I’m on about through my vagueness lol
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.