Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyberverse 2019 Spark Armor preview

Default Cyberverse 2019 Spark Armor preview

With the New York Toyfair on this weekend, Hasbro has started sending out preview images of what will be revealed at the event.
    The first lot of images are for Cyberverse, with this year's gimmick being "Spark Armor" - the robot is packed with a drone vehicle that becomes its armour.
    It looks like there are three size classes - the robots are probably different size classes, while the drone/armour appears to be of different sizes (covering some, half or most of the robot).

The Spark Armor Battle Class starts off with Prowl, Jetfire, Starscream and... Skybyte.
    The Spark Armor Elite Class will have Bumblebee, Megatron and Optimus Prime.
    And what appears to be a larger third size, will have another Optimus Prime, with a drone vehicle that homages the Ark from the original series cartoon.

Images mirrored from the link above.

Skybyte intrigues me but I could do without the gimmick.

Bumblebee’s warship reminds me a whole lot of my Machine Men Man-O-War toy.

Some of the others, Prowl and Megatron in particular, look so much like previous Cyberverse toys I wonder if they are only slight retools.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Bumblebee’s warship reminds me a whole lot of my Machine Men Man-O-War
    Yeah that's got to be deliberate. Never thought I would see a man o war homage...

Wow, I really didn’t think we’d be getting more cyberverse figures.
    Looks like Skybyte nicked Thunderbird 2’s mole drone lol

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And what appears to be a larger third size, will have another Optimus Prime, with a drone vehicle that homages the Ark from the original series cartoon.
    Yeah, but that’s because it’s based on the Ark from the Cyberverse cartoon which homages the ark from the G1 cartoon.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I like the concept execution. I get a distinct duocon vibe from some of these combined modes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm enamored with these, eagerly awaiting reviews once they're released.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Yeah, but that’s because it’s based on the Ark from the Cyberverse cartoon which homages the ark from the G1 cartoon.

I totally forgot that there is an Ark in the Cyberverse cartoon... no wonder it looked wrong to me when I saw it.

There have been more figure reveals. I quite like the look of Alpha Trion. Looks like he is rocking a very Vector Prime altmode, kinda like he had in Titans Return

The official toy images (not CG images) for the large sized Optimus with Ark spark armour, found on Amazon.

Another Spark Armor toy has been revealed (on facebook), of a character that got its first reveal in the Season two trailer for the cartoon - Cheetor.
    It comes with a redeco battleship armour that comes with Bumblebee in the first wave of the Elite class. If it is part of wave 2, it should come out around October.