Page 14 of 870 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default We need a Hasbro AU DIRECT store

It would seem to me that the major problem in australian pricing may be the stores putting too high a markup on TFA, which as we know restricts how many we can buy. Ive been collecting tf since 1984. I remember that prices for tf in the past seemed a bit more reasonable. but today it has just got out of hand.

What i propose is that we ask [en masse] that Hasbro Australia set up an online DIRECT store that sells to the public [australia + nz only] at very close to cost, with inexpensive post. [DUDE THIS IS NEVER GUNNA HAPPEN] true. but hasbro has to be losing money with their toys pegwarming like that and the stores not buying any more...

If hasbro did this and you could buy a transformer [DLX] for a reasonable price like $15 - $18 then it would be heaven [plus post??]

What do you think of this, in concept at least.

I like the concept of an hasbro online store for Aus NZ only and with reasonable postage and discounts for bulk orders. I don't think the individual price would differ much from retail, maybe $2-3 less, and plus postage = no savings there.

You are right about the pegwarming problem, I imagine it would cut into sales with stores not ordering new stock. I suspect though when a new wave is available they order 1-2 cases of the popular Deluxes and Legends and hold off on the Voyagers and Ultras. But surely it must be a question of availability as well.

Didn't we already ask Hasbro Australia this question and they said no?

^ While it seems like a longshot, that idea is brilliant and I know for sure that if they did this I'd buy all my TF's from there. I'm sick of the rediculous price markups the retailers here put on TF's (ESPECIALY Myer) and since our dollar is pretty bad atm it's not much better to buy off ebay.

Really tho if you think about it morg's idea would be a smart move for Hasbro. Cause it would practicaly just be there for the collectors (kids will still buy from stores like normal) and we'd be buying from them the figures that the retailers wont stock.

I think they've been asked about an AU hasbro toy shop at some point, was there ever any hope for that?

Yes true the question has probably been asked before and the answer was no. So it is a pipedream afterall. Anyway back to sightings in the sightings thread !

I wouldn't care if there was a discount, it'd just be nice to be able to put an order in for things online and not have to continuously scavenge through the local toyshops on the off chance they've updated stocks.

It'd also mean not having to worry about crap like the Alternator Mirage fiasco that those idiots at Casefresh managed.

"Yes, we're still getting it in" they said for over 12 months before finally admitting they'd dropped the ball. By that time it was far too late to pick him up from an alternate supplier for a reasonable price - that's what I get for displaying loyalty to one store and not shopping around I guess.

Legends packs - Leaders and Air rivals i think they're called are out now at Blacktown Big W, some more of the TFA Twins - both below $30
    Blacktown Kmart also has restocked they're shelves - TFU Starscream x1, TFU Hound x 1, TFU Cyclonus x 1, TFU Cheetor x 2, TFU Dinobot x 2. Voyagers as well as the combiners but is back on full price. Didnt get to check Target and Myer though
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Question Target Exclusives

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but I was wondering what stores are the AU equivalent to Target USA, so I know where to search for the Animated Target Exclusive Sunstorm and Shockwave??

Cheers

Store exclusives in America can show up in any store here, and sometimes still have the American store logo stickers left on them (like Target logo stickers on toys that are TRU exclusives here). There are no 'alliances' when it comes to toy exclusives here, as Hasbro AUS approach each retailer with the various exclusives without prioritising any particular chain.
    There was the exception of the early release of 2007 Movie toys to Target, because they piggybacked off US Target's Movie internet promotion - but later 'Target' Movie toys were released to other stores here. Depending on the promotional partners with this movie, we could see the same again, but I think it's just a matter of wait and see if Hasbro AUS let us know in advance, somehow (if the Q&A program folds).

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Warrawong K-Mart have restocked on Universe Hound, Universe Starscream, Universe Cyclonus, Universe Cheetor and Universe Dinobot.