View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Meh, good on Bay for having the forethought on cost saving procedures and a memory that works so creatively - I'd like to think the money saved was spent on making Soundwave look all the more awesome though.

I enjoyed it superficially. It felt like 2 incomplete movies sewn together. One half some bizarre action/thriller/comedy with Sam and the humans, the other half felt like the Transformers movie full of all the robot action we wanted. While the human portions of the film felt coherent and at times self-satirical the robot scenes felt like they accidentally deleted 2/3 of the scenes and just quickly cut and pasted the remaining 1/3 of the robot scenes they had.

What I liked:
    - Human Characters were even more cartoony
    - It felt like a real brutal war
    - deaths of popular bots
    - Wheelie & Brains
    - Laserbeak!
    - Shockwaves entrance
    - The Crankcases!
    - John Malkovich & Frances MacDormand!

What I didn't like:
    - It went for an hour too long
    - too much human action scenes
    - Not enough robot action
    - some bizarre plot holes/moments (Megs dissapearing, Optimus Dangling for about half the battle in wires?)
    - Lack of transformation scenes (seems to be getting less and less each film)
    - Wreckers did nothing
    - Sam killing Starscream unrealistically. (Really now?)
    - a girl telling the great Destron leader he's a pawn and falling for it? Puh-lease.
    - Deaths of popular bots

I for one actually liked the slightly darker more brutal direction this movie took. Remember that they are at war and this universe Autobots are trained for it, hence the brutal but efficient ways they finish off their enemies. I think Primes sheer brutality really reflects his passion and and compassion for peace by eliminating this universe's evil and non-diplomatic Decepticons.

Otherwise, while I enjoyed it with my brain switched off, I can't label it as a Transformers movie. It was more just a different action movie with the occasional "robot fighting commercials"which seem to only come in 30 minute intervals and at about 2 mins each. While most of the scenes were great, the other parts are just baffling. The wreckers just drove around shooting their guns and took a long time to untangle Prime? What a waste of great mech designs that could have lent themselves to a well directed action sequence.
    Last edited by Stompy; 5th July 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Watched it last night in 3D, i thought it was an average movie. I think they had the right idea on the storyline, but it wasn't executed properly. I wish they would show better scenes of all the bots & cons transforming. Now that Megatron's dead, i wonder how they're gonna bring Galvatron (assuming they decide he will be next decepticon leader) into the series.

Question for those that have seen it at IMAX - I was under the impression that there was suppose to be an extra 20 something mins of footage. I did not notice any extra scenes nor did I notice any scenes filmed using IMAX film (it was 'letter-boxed' the whole time). Did anyone else notice this or am I just dreamin'
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I wasn't aware that Bay shot any extra scenes for IMAX or even used an IMAX camera. With ROTF he did have an IMAX camera which he used to shoot certain scenes that were added in the IMAX version. With DOTM he's obviously used 3D cameras to shoot certain scenes... not sure if he used any IMAX cameras though. Without the use of IMAX cameras then I imagine there wouldn't be any extra scenes in the IMAX version.

Quote Originally Posted by rocman12
    Now that Megatron's dead, i wonder how they're gonna bring Galvatron (assuming they decide he will be next decepticon leader) into the series.
    Galvatron doesn't have to be the same character as Megatron. That's just something that they did in the G1 comics and cartoon - but in the original toy continuity Galvatron was a separate character. Likewise in the current IDW Neo-G1 continuity, Galvatron is an entirely separate character. And badly drawn in Hearts of Darkness <shudder>

And there are plenty of other Decepticon leaders they could use other than Galvatron. Bring on Movieverse Ratbat!!

Thanks Goki I looked into it further and found an answer.

I first read about it on TFW however after that story was posted, there was a response on Michael Bay's Website which stated....

"Imax print of #Transformers3 has no extra footage as being reported by some web sites. TF3 is 2hrs & 22mins plus 10min credit crawl."
    It seems I missed that update Well that sucks! It was one of the main reasons I went to see it at IMAX.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I havent seen it yet, but is it worth seeing it? After ROTF ive been put off the movies a little.

Also do they explain what happened to Megan Fox's character?

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    I havent seen it yet, but is it worth seeing it? After ROTF ive been put off the movies a little.

Also do they explain what happened to Megan Fox's character?
    They 'broke up'...
    I paraphrase also; 'Mom! Can you stop mentioning Mikaela!' (something along those lines...)
    I think that's the only mention of her in the film :/

Wheelie calls her a bitch.

That's because Wheelie is a champ in this movie!