2 4.35%
  • Only if (something else)

2 4.35%
  • No

0 0%
  • Where did she leave Daniel?

3 6.52%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Generations Arcee (Deluxe)

She's not the greatest transformer in the world but is definitely by far not the worst.

I am in love the bot mode on this fem, its very articulated, beautifully sculpted and despite being a 'backpack' former, she is incredibly easy to balance in many poses. (Which would have been the case with Windblade too if not for those darn inadequate heels)
    I also love that she comes with no less than 4 accessories. The attention to detail here makes her feel like a real collectors item.

All that aside: It's about damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I have about 2 complaints though, The guns don't quite fit into the leg holster holes on mine and you can't slot the guns into her hands properly. Aaaargh.
    The leg holes have way too much sideways play in them, with a wiggle you should be able to get things to peg in properly. The hands thing bugs me too.

Finally got my mitts on an LG10 Arcee today. From a G1 fan's POV, this version is absolutely fantastic as it's gorgeously accurate to the G1 cartoon model. G1 bias aside, the Hasbro version uses more blacks to break up the monotony of the all the pink and white that otherwise dominates this mould. The metallic blue also looks really nice on the bottom of the chest panel and vehicle headlights. However, the TakaraTOMY version also uses grey to break up the otherwise monotonous white belly on the Hasbro version, as well as painted taillights which the Hasbro version lacks. So both versions have added and reduced paint ops in different areas, but overall the Hasbro version has more paint ops. Whether you think that this is a good or bad thing is most likely a matter of personal opinion. On one hand, I can see that the Hasbro version does generally work better in breaking up the pink and white, but on the other hand, one could argue that TakaraTOMY's is an example of "less is more." The pink rifle on the TakaraTOMY version does just look daft though.

To me, Hasbro's Arcee works better as a representation of IDW's psychopathic killer Arcee, whereas TakaraTOMY's works better as a representation of G1 Arcee.

Anyway... pics!

with those red lips and soulless eyes I feel as if TakTom's is the psycho

for me i think the white/pink scheme of the TT version hides the thunder thighs a bit, it just seems to flow more naturally. I think the black parts make them stand out more and breaks up the visual overall, not just breaking up the colour. I pretty much went for the TT version just because of that hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    for me i think the white/pink scheme of the TT version hides the thunder thighs a bit, it just seems to flow more naturally. I think the black parts make them stand out more and breaks up the visual overall, not just breaking up the colour. I pretty much went for the TT version just because of that hehe.
    Always thought the TT version was a little plain as there is not a great deal of contrast overall but I have to agree with you there; it works in looking a lot more natural in bot mode. The black however does make the alt mode more striking, although at the expense of G1 colour accuracy.

There are so many places (9 in total) where she can hold her weapons, that she gets me thinking about the most advanced toys from the Unicron Trilogy in terms of how many minicons they could hold.

Only that Arcee isn't a poorly articulated brick that's overcompromised by gimmicks like many Armada toys. I was recently playing with my Micron Legend Shockwave (Armada Tidalwave) with some of my CHUGUR toys as I was playing out something based on Sins of the Wreckers. When you play with an Armada toy alongside other contemporary toys, it becomes abundantly clear just how badly engineered they are... and Tidal Wave is what I would consider to be one of the better toys from Armada!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    When you play with an Armada toy alongside other contemporary toys, it becomes abundantly clear just how badly engineered they are... and Tidal Wave is what I would consider to be one of the better toys from Armada!
    Badly engineered is pretty harsh. I think Armada simply had a different design philosophy, one that was more G1-esque where many bot modes were still statues with wiggly arms. This design philosophy didn't really get shaken off until the Galaxy Force/Cybertron revolution!

Hear Hear, I reckon Tidal Wave might even earn the title of best toy from Armada (Unicron excepted!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Badly engineered is pretty harsh. I think Armada simply had a different design philosophy, one that was more G1-esque where many bot modes were still statues with wiggly arms. This design philosophy didn't really get shaken off until the Galaxy Force/Cybertron revolution!
    The philosophy was very simple, but produced a few fun toys.

Blurr's flip out wings was genius; catered for two very important playability factors - zooming and swooshing.

Also, loved Sideways' double headmaster that combines into a rider. As a race of robots in disguise, you'd imagine that there are a whole lot more spies around. With such an awesome gimmick, the fiction left much to be desired.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post

Hear Hear, I reckon Tidal Wave might even earn the title of best toy from Armada (Unicron excepted!)
    The problem with Armada is that it went backwards from the previous series (Beast Wars) in it's engineering. Beast Wars achieved articulation that previously could only be expressed in the G1 cartoons.