Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KMart Toy Sale - June 28 to July 15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default KMart Toy Sale - June 28 to July 15

If you were hoping that KMart might trump the other retailers' lacklustre toy sales this year, you'll be disappointed.

TFs are on page 42, only 3 are on sale, and all of them have been around for a year or so.

Ultimate Optimus Prime - $59
    MechTech Leader Bumblebee - $49
    Voyager Optimus Prime (battle hooks) + Deluxe Comettor 2-pack - $29

Catalogue here.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

The Voyager Prime with comettor isn't even on sale. It has the same price as it was released before. So what's the point?

There's still a chance they (or Target) might have a blanket 20% off all other TFs. (But it's no Primus/Alternator Prime/Reissue Astrotrain... Those were the days before this shelf warming movie stuff appeared )

Good price on the 3DS, not that I need to upgrade yet, and the cheapest I've ever seen the Wii pack.

I'm sure the kid holding Ultimate Optimus Prime is saying "I have NO idea how to transform this thing".
    Last edited by Paulbot; 19th June 2012 at 10:18 PM.

It's like they packed this year's catalogue with toys they couldn't sell last year. Pathetic.

Even their Lego special "the Space Shuttle" was something I picked up in January for $99 after they put it on clearance. Now they're charging $129 for it. Seriously sh*t sale.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

That is pathetic. It's like they've waved the white flag at the Target & BigW's sales. I think it was about 2 or 3 years ago when Kmart brought in several TFs exclusives for the mid-year sale...
    Between the three sales, it doesn't seem like there is much to hype about. I kinda feel sad for the midnight meetup, if it is still going ahead. They used to be a huge, fun event (from what I would read and see here).

Decepticon Guest

Kmart will go bust eventually with their boring weekly catalogues offering nothing of interest and their generic feel to their stores and stock. So sad

Woo! Last year's Walmart exclusive Monster High Dolls.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Here's a link to their catalogue:
    http://c.f1.kmart.com.au/kmart_au/ca...logue_0520.pdf

As usual the TFs from Kmart is disappointing! Ah well, leaves me more mulah for other toys then!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That is pathetic. It's like they've waved the white flag at the Target & BigW's sales. I think it was about 2 or 3 years ago when Kmart brought in several TFs exclusives for the mid-year sale...
    Between the three sales, it doesn't seem like there is much to hype about. I kinda feel sad for the midnight meetup, if it is still going ahead. They used to be a huge, fun event (from what I would read and see here).
    I suppose there's not a whole lot of drive for Kmart to spend costly amounts to cannibalise on Target's sales since they're both owned by the same guys.

2-3 years ago when I worked in retail, I enjoyed doing trips during my lunch break around Parramatta Westfield's TRU, Target, Kmart, Myer, David Jones and Sherrif's (sometimes) checking out (and actually finding) different waves/assortments that may be out.

Any one know if this sale is available online like the target one is?
    ~