Farscape

thats what i can think of at the moment
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Mine has become a very short list:
    Transformers Ongoing
    Transformers Sector 7

I'm very close to ending my standing order over the weekend though and sticking with the trades for everything going forward.

Last time I did have something other than TF books on my standing order it was in the days of New X-Men, X-Statix, and X-Treme X-Men.

Oh, Paulbot, X-Statix was an amazing comic, I will buy the trades one day as I was on and off that title (un-employed)

Sharky, is Farscape good? Have seen a few issues on the stands and did really love the tv series.

i like it sometimes the art is sketchy but i loved the show... and the stories fit in well. you can read/imagine the manerisms of the characters which makes it more enjoyable i guess...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

My Ever growing standing order currently has these

x-men- ( astonishing, uncanny, legacy, x-factor, new mutants, uncanny x-force, x-men, daken, x-23, wolverine, namor)

avengers ( secret, academy, new, avengers)

solo titles ( Thor, iron man, daredevil, hawkeye and mockingbird, taskmaster, incredible hulk, hulk, she-hulks, captain America, deadpool, deadpool corps, deadpool team up, amazing spiderman, thunderbolts, kick ass 2)

event books ( chaos war, chaos war Thor, chaos war avengers, chaos war x-men, shadowland, shadowland power man.

idw and darkhorse ( transformers ongoing, sector 7, angel, Buffy, Illyria, spike

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's pretty much my current standing order
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Amazing spider-man and any minis or one shots that catch my eye
    all deadpools including any apps (i have been collecting all deadpool for years and now am getting drowned in deadpool...)
    new avengers
    avengers
    uncanny x-force
    boys
    highland laddie
    crossed
    haunt
    izombie (and any other michael allred)
    any thing by sam kieth
    anything by luna brothers
    nancy in hell

im sure there is more but cant think right now.

i also get a fair few things in trade form
    walking dead
    runaways
    astonishing xmen
    exmachina
    hack/slash
    and once again im sure there is more...

recently i have been buying up on back issues as my local comic store has a big selection at 3 bucks each. been just grabbing any random mini or consecutive runs that have caught my eye from the last 6 years. they had a sale the other week where all back issues were 50 for $50 so i ended up walking out of there with 200 back issues haha

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    My Ever growing standing order currently has these

x-men- ( astonishing, uncanny, legacy, x-factor, new mutants, uncanny x-force, x-men, daken, x-23, wolverine, namor)

avengers ( secret, academy, new, avengers)

solo titles ( Thor, iron man, daredevil, hawkeye and mockingbird, taskmaster, incredible hulk, hulk, she-hulks, captain America, deadpool, deadpool corps, deadpool team up, amazing spiderman, thunderbolts, kick ass 2)

event books ( chaos war, chaos war Thor, chaos war avengers, chaos war x-men, shadowland, shadowland power man.

idw and darkhorse ( transformers ongoing, sector 7, angel, Buffy, Illyria, spike

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that's pretty much my current standing order
    Ouch! That's a lotta dough! I still remember when I used to spend that much. My standing orders gone down to about 8 comics now. It used to be more in the vicinity of 40 to 50+ per month. Instead, I'm finding my preferred means is the ipad and trades now. The ipad doesn't release the new stuff and even if it does is delayed, yes, but it's really got me to revisit some old favourites I haven't read in awhile. Not to mention, it's also cheaper and I don't have to worry about storage.

Some recent highlights (old and new):

- Green Lantern (always a winner!)
    - Annihilation
    - Thor: Son of Asgard
    - Dark Knight Returns
    - Rising Stars
    - Sleeper: Season One (brilliant!)
    - Irredeemable - amazing book in terms of character and exploration of the superhero dynamic
    - Codebreakers
    - Action Philosophers - funny as hell, yet insightful. Cleverly written.
    - BatmanL Year One
    - Thor (2007 series) #1-12
    - Immortal Ironfist
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Everyone truly has a diverse range of comics, great to see!

Just finished Hack/Slash Annual 2, no SGs this time

Seeley is doing great things with this over at Image, had a few worries it may somehow be censored, not at all I am happy to say.

Will have to check out his Marvel mini-series Wasp/Antman

The relationship with Vlad and Cassie has evolved into them being 'one minded' in a sense. The last few issues with DDP, seemed the 2 characters had drifted apart.

And Jethro Morales art is fan-fkn-tastic!! As much as I like Daniel Leister, they should consider having Morales take over for the on-going.

Hey guys I need some help and this seemed as good-a place as any.

Back in the early 90's, around 92-3 I think, my brother and I found a section in our local video store that we'd never noticed before.
    Now to he and I this was a truly hidden gem as this section contained all these cool looking cartoons that didn't appear to be what we'd normally see on TV, the M15+ ratings sticker may of been an indication.
    Such titles were Bubblegum Crisis, Appleseed, Akira, Devilman... But the one that took both my and my brothers attention completely, as we were 7 and 5 respectively, was this 12 part series called... Guyver: Bio Boosted Armour.

We later found out that these shows were of Japanese origin and were called Anime, which were based of Japanese comics called Manga.
    Fast forward 18 years and I have just finished watching the (2005) 26 episodes of the Guyver Anime and would really like to know what happens next.

As I am aware that the story continues far past where the Anime ends, I want to try and acquire, if they still exist, the Manga that the show is based off.
    Now, I'm no idiot and I'm aware that the Manga would be natively in Japanese but I've been lead to believe that English translated copies exist and I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me out?

If anyone could bring me up to speed and/or point me in the right direction it would truly be appreciated as this series got me hooked on Japanese adult cartoons as a kid and I've loved the Guyver story and Anime ever since that first OVA way back when.

Used to have a larger standing order but had to drop some comics due to money... and the missus complaining...

DC
    JLA
    JSA
    Green Lantern (always good)
    The Flash (favourite is Wally... didn't think we needed Barry back)
    Teen Titans (stop changing the roster dammit)

Marvel
    The Avengers
    The New Avengers
    The Secret Avengers (a trend yes?)
    The Amazing Spider-man (Favourite Superhero since I was 6 (wow 24 years?) but I kinda want to drop this... its not as good a read as it used to be... damn BND)

Everyone else
    Transformers Ongoing

Still get Thor as trades. Do pick up Company wide Crossovers... unless its X-Men dominant then 'meh'...
    Not as crazy as I used to be where I bought every comic connected to the Crossover (Civil War and House of M were really the last straw) so I've toned down a bit.