Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys Optimus Prime Megatron version

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    $448??? Is that AUD?
    Yep. HT jacked up the price for this. To get it from Sideshow in US, it's 384USD shipped I think. This comes with the bonus Starcream head though whereas Zing is the standard edition. Comes out to around $499 or more with the exchange rate so a bit cheaper but it's still no way Hose at these prices.

Its insane, I saw the Starscream version in Game Traders in Tuggeranong and it had the price tag of $508.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I also have to say the idea of a G1 Prime going around offing Decepticons to add their technological distinctiveness to himself doesn't keep with the ethos of who I think Optimus is (by G1 standards at least).
    I would probably buy it at 1/3 the HK list price if it came without the "bits"...
    Also my biggest problem with this figure. it's like movie prime has possessed G1 Prime. I feel like they've added all these accessories to justify the jump in price.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    $448??? Is that AUD?
    yep.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    To be honest, when you put the Hot Toys Optimus against some of their other figures, it is possibly the worst figure they've produced. I've seen the Megs and the Starscream versions IRL and I have to say if I was spending that kind of money I'd rather put it into something from Prime1 and I'm normally an absolute sucker for anything that is G1 Prime-esque. I love, love, love Hot Toys other lines - their attention to detail is normally second to none, but this guy is mediocre at best when you know what this company really is capable of.
    I'd have to agree. It's not as if Hot Toys can't do mechs, either - you just need to look at their Robocop, or ED-209, or any of their Iron Man figures.

I think the thing is, this particular figure is very 'stylised,' so its look may not appeal to some. If it weren't so stylised with exaggerated, angular features, it could have been a cheaper alternative to the Ultimetal Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    yeah but just look at the legs shape .... that so blocky and the lack of detail on it ...
    At least it's G1 accurate that way!

$448 can buy many things. Like Transformers that actually transform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    $448 can buy many things. Like Transformers that actually transform.
    +1
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hot Toys probably makes the most life like figures in the world so its odd that OP just doesnt look right.

Maybe as TF fans we're not used to the proportions but he does look strange. He has kind of human proportions but the overall look doesnt match with his TF features.

Still, there's no other OP as detailed as this with this kind of articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post

Still, there's no other OP as detailed as this with this kind of articulation.
    I disagree. Ultimetal Prime is a much better example of how to do a G1 Optimus well with loads of detail inside and out and good articulation for the weight of the figure. This Hot Toys offering doesn't even come close nor does it speak (with Peter Cullen's voice).

(Disclaimer: I own Ultimetal Prime and he is my favourite non-transforming piece and thus I may be extremely biased)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is the figure bad or the price?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Is the figure bad or the price?
    For me it's the price. I think it looks quite nice.