Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Inferno Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post

Did Inferno feature much in the cartoon? I can't really remember many episodes centered on him. Or Red Alert for that matter. I know there was 1 or 2 for Grapple.

I agree with Sinner, nothing more than coincidence in my opinion. They would have a rough outline of what bots they intend on releasing or are planning for the next few years for sure. I just want to see more Decepticons outside of seekers. Looked at my Decepticon MP cabinet yesterday and it's like 80% seeker mould.

The BW Inferno pic is great

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Did Inferno feature much in the cartoon? I can't really remember many episodes centered on him. Or Red Alert for that matter. I know there was 1 or 2 for Grapple.
    Well there is an ep centered on Inferno and Red Alert then (more Red Alert to be fair). Inferno's also one of the bots that has a gal pal back on Cybertron and he shows up a bit (fire truck!) but doesn't have a featured episode.

And he's almost entirely absent from the US comics (until his classic and action master toys come out) but he had a pretty memorable appearance in the UK book and hung around for a while as a supporting character.

But really "Fire truck" is an easy toy to sell.

I think Takara have many MPs at dfferent stages of design. Sometimes they (if the stars align) they will move MP releases around to compete with 3P offerings. The best known example of this was MP Soundwave who's shock announcement (even to "insiders") made a 3P withdraw from their investment just before production.

While Shockwave and Ramjet have come quite late after the first 3PMP release, Takara Inferno (while not as early as Soundwave was) is hot on the heels of the 3P releases. This image/news was definately announced to make people second guess their purchases.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I said this about a month ago in the Hall of Fame thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I reckon G1 Inferno is definitely an underrated character. He was one of my fav G1 toys back in the day and had a very cool gung-ho personality he had to reconsile with his Search & Rescue job. Also very underrated/underused in both the Dreamwave and IDW comics where he has really only served as crowd filler. I would have voted for him over Cosmos.

He is also on the top of my list for characters I would love to see an MP of
    Whats that song? "Dreams do come true"

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Son of a! I thought it said Beast Wars Inferno!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

A MP G1 Inferno is good too, but not Beast Wars good.
    Let me get this straight. You would rather see an MP of an ant than of a Fire Truck?!

I mean, props to BW Inferno - For the Colony and all that, but G1 Inferno is da bomb!

This is one of those few figures where I don't give a rats what it costs - I'm getting him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing... a 3P comes out and BAM there's the MP announcement.

Make more 3P Jazz please! He's the one car I REALLY want the MP of.

As much as I don't mind Inferno for me this is yet a few more $$ saved this year as I won't be getting him.
    I know right! The only 3p jazz being made just pushed there release date back another 3 months. I just want one, unofficial or not but hopefully takara comes to the party first so I don't have to double dip.

I was wondering when a new MP would be announced, once Ratchet arrives there aren't anymore original G1 bots announced (I think). Inferno lets them get Grapple and if they did Hoist they could get Trailbreaker, the problem with Jazz is there is limited retools for other MP's. I hope like hell they do him though.
    Spiderken Away!

The MP14 figure is sure getting a good workout!

So much yes to Inferno!