Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wonder how big he will be - he always seemed to be one of the tallest characters.

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    I wonder how big he will be - he always seemed to be one of the tallest characters.
    Here's the scale chart we've put together based on observations from the show:

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Happy to see the MP BW line continuing, but it sure is slow. Averaging one new mold per year.
    A bit like the original Masterpiece line... a slow release, making each one more exciting, so that we weren't overwhelmed with too many expensive collector figures in quick succession. (as it is, we look to have four released in a 12 month period if Dinobot comes out by Octoboer)

I'm happy to have these drawn out, as I don't think they will do too many as Masterpiece toys - probably the first five Maximals and three or four season one Predacons. It will prolong the focus on the Beast Wars universe, prompting homage toys in other toylines at the time (like Generations and any upcoming gimmick toylines in Japan).

I am disappointed that we didn't have Megatron be one of the first two, or at least one Predacon announced yet, as the first four are Maximals.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A bit like the original Masterpiece line... a slow release, making each one more exciting, so that we weren't overwhelmed with too many expensive collector figures in quick succession. (as it is, we look to have four released in a 12 month period if Dinobot comes out by Octoboer)

I'm happy to have these drawn out, as I don't think they will do too many as Masterpiece toys - probably the first five Maximals and three or four season one Predacons. It will prolong the focus on the Beast Wars universe, prompting homage toys in other toylines at the time (like Generations and any upcoming gimmick toylines in Japan).

I am disappointed that we didn't have Megatron be one of the first two, or at least one Predacon announced yet, as the first four are Maximals.
    Masterpiece was largely undefined 15 years ago. It had a clumsy start until the MP-10 renewal.

So even though we are now getting roughly a Masterpiece a month, it would still be nice to have more Beast Wars bots. Comparatively there aren't even that many of them, or 2007 movie bots.

But they are possibly blending Masterpiece in with the Generations Beast Wars for a renewal set...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I am soooo happy about this...

I am waiting for more pictures. I do hope we see some soon

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Redeco him into BW Grimlock? And....
    I'd love to see an MP BW Grimlock! But my bet would be on TakaraTOMY doing a toy-accurate redeco (e.g. mouthless face, mutant head, pink legs etc.) with individual numbering as they did w/ Beast Convoy. Bear in mind that BW Grimlock was never released in Japan (Takara instead retooled the Dinobot mould as Thrustor and Hardhead).

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How many practical BW characters are there anyway?

Compare with G1 and its "cast of thousands", many of whom were repaints without considering Diaclone repaints, and the potential for comic book characters like Straxus or Windblade.

2 or 3 BW characters a year means that you chew through the prominent ones in a few years. Throw in 2 carbots with multiple repaints and a unique one like a Shockwave or Megatron and the year is looking pretty full and expensive.

If the transformation doesn't result in the actual beast head becoming the actual robot chest this can bog off as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bear in mind that BW Grimlock was never released in Japan (Takara instead retooled the Dinobot mould as Thrustor and Hardhead).
    Even better than Grimlock - a cybernetic velociraptor. I can't think of many things more exciting.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But my bet would be on TakaraTOMY doing a toy-accurate redeco (e.g. mouthless face, mutant head, pink legs etc.)
    Pink legs??? Mine has gold legs...