Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show

Default 2018 Tokyo Toy Show

The annual Tokyo Toy Show is on this weekend, and some preview pics have been released of the Transformers display... showing us a huge display of 20 Convoy toys under a 35th Anniversary Banner (they started a year or two early for the last couple of anniversaries as well), and some upcoming toys being shown off for the first time in public (including the Encore Optimus Primal, the last wave of POTP toys and Masterpiece "toy" Shockwave "toy" Megatron & BW Megatron).

I imagine that there might be some other reveals during the weekend, or at the expected TakaraTomy presentation.

(the MP "toy" Megatron looks really nice... replicating the look of the original Gen1 Megatron toy very well)

Megatron looks like a hot mess in my opinion but to each their own. The colour of the plastic on the waist, neck and helmet just does not go with the silver paint. Though I do like it much better with the replacement plain silver chest and standard head as shown in the new promo pics.

On the other hand, Shockwave just pops in those colours.

Lastly, there is some buzz generating from the fact that Beast Wars Megatron has had its number pushed back from MP-43 to MP-44 meaning some other release has jumped the queue. Could it be V3 Prime or perhaps a bolter like Jazz or Mirage? We should hopefully find out in the next 24-48 hours.

Yeah, Shockwave looks awesome:

And really should have been what they released in the first place.

Megatron:

Not sold on him.

https://twitter.com/horaieso/status/...611348481?s=20

bowspearer Guest

I'm betting the shock announcement is going to be a reveal of MP Prime 3.0 and I reckon people are going to be blown away by the cartoon accuracy. Even looking at an MP-36+ shot with Prime, I noticed that the torso shape of Prime 3.0 is much flatter and square than 2.0. If you look closely, the grill on 2.0 is square to the waist, but sits in behind the truck windows, which slope out slightly and form a triangular peak with the waist sides. MP-3.0 is completely square chested in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Lastly, there is some buzz generating from the fact that Beast Wars Megatron has had its number pushed back from MP-43 to MP-44 meaning some other release has jumped the queue. Could it be V3 Prime or perhaps a bolter like Jazz or Mirage? We should hopefully find out in the next 24-48 hours.

I didn't notice the number change... certainly suspicious, and definitely something that they should be announcing this weekend at their presentation.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I didn't notice the number change... certainly suspicious, and definitely something that they should be announcing this weekend at their presentation.
    Prepare for your wallet to hurt with the announcement of Prime 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Well it could just be a typo, but I wouldn't say no to seeing a new MP mould.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Megatron looks like a hot mess in my opinion but to each their own. The colour of the plastic on the waist, neck and helmet just does not go with the silver paint. Though I do like it much better with the replacement plain silver chest and standard head as shown in the new promo pics.

On the other hand, Shockwave just pops in those colours.

I think he looks like s bit of a mess too, but they did a spot on job of recreating the G1 toy. That browned yellowy grey with silver looks a bit jarring on the original, but it seems to be there for those with an attachment to the toy.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Yeah that Shockwave looks pretty hot. If only he had a LED eye...

And Megs looks average. I'm assuming it's one of those colour schemes that photographs horribly but will look good in person.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm a sucker for chrome on megatron, and the color of plastic on his head ok, its ugly, but that's accuracy to the toy right there.

And if bw megs has indeed been pushed back it'll have to be a surprise redeco, prime 3.0 has only been hints so far while megs has had far more coverage unless they're deliberately holding him back.

If a redeco gets slotted in his place I hope its something interesting