Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wizards of the Coast Transformers card game

More reveals from various sources (not just the official WOTC and Hasbro social media channels).
    Superion, Aerialbots & their enigma card - just like Menasor, we have Alpha Bravo in place of Slingshot, due to their hands being tied by what's on the original combiner art.
    Starscream - using the Combiner Wars toy art, and because of the crown, he's labelled as "Decepticon King". (I thought Emperor would have seemed more fitting, particularly since there have been Decepticon Emperors in the past in the JP universe).
    Bombshell - Psy Ops function.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    And it was revealed by an Australian website too, which was pretty good for WOTC to orchestrate a more multi-national reveal of their previews, instead of it just being done through American news/fans sites.
    Something that Hasbro could take notice of when they have a special event or fan-vote that only includes the American fansites.

With Devastator, that is apparently all six of the combiners. At first it seemed unlikely as they started revealing 5-member teams, but when the Optimus/Autobot 6-member team was revealed, it was obvious Devastator would be on of the six combiners.

The Devastator reveal mentions March 29th as the release date, which must be the Australian date.

UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I, too, was lucky enough to be given a couple of images of battle cards for the upcoming wave 2 release to spoil globally.

Inferno Breath (rare) and Surprise Attack (common)

I've also blogged about them but they seemed to be most popular on twitter and to a lesser extent Instagram.

I'm looking forward to these new sets with not only combiners but also triple changers!

Happy to see Springer and Blitzwing. Didn'tr find the three-mode folding gimmick appealing with combiners but it bothers me less on triplechangers.

Hopefully - we'll see how well it works when the cards hit in the flesh.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And it was revealed by an Australian website too, which was pretty good for WOTC to orchestrate a more multi-national reveal of their previews, instead of it just being done through American news/fans sites.
    Something that Hasbro could take notice of when they have a special event or fan-vote that only includes the American fansites.
    To be fair, Kotaku is a US site, which has an Australian franchise.

It's likely that this content is just replicated across the various regions from their main US site?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    To be fair, Kotaku is a US site, which has an Australian franchise.

It's likely that this content is just replicated across the various regions from their main US site?

Yeah, it's a bit confusing, when their content reads like it is written for the Australian market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I've also blogged about them but they seemed to be most popular on twitter and to a lesser extent Instagram.

I'm looking forward to these new sets with not only combiners but also triple changers!

Your blog posting was pretty good. I'll have to make sure I do a good job as well, to keep on the good side of Hasbro/Wizards.

Transformers Trading Card Game Series 2 Reveal - Dreadwing.

Just when you thought all of the Combiners were revealed for the upcoming Rise of the Combiners series of the Transformer Trading Card Game, we have been treated to

one more... but not a traditional Combiner team of 5 or 6 members.
    This one only has two Robots, but they are still labelled as having a combiner mode.

Dreadwing is a combiner jet, formed by two Decepticons who were Powermasters in the original Transformers toyline.
    Dreadwind makes up the front half, with the function of Air Defense.
    Blackwing (originally Darkwing in the original toyline), makes up the back half, with the function of Aerial Attacker.
    When combined, they take on the function of Sky Destroyer, boosting its stats, but it still carries any existing damage from Blackwing and Dreadwind.
    Plus, unlike the larger combiner teams, you don't need an enigma card to combine these two, you just need to have both of them in robot mode on the battlefield or in your KO area.

They are both Common cards in the second series, and utilise the "Triple Changer" style cards, that can fold in half to allow for three modes of play - Robot mode, Alt-mode, Combiner mode.
    As with most cards in the Trading Card Game, these two feature some amazing artwork of both characters, and of their combined mode.

Look out for these two when the Rise of the Combiners set of cards are released in March 2019, as they look like they will make a great addition to your deck.

A big thankyou to Wizards of the Coast for allowing Ozformers to have the third and final exclusive reveal of some Series 2 cards by Australian fansites.

This is pretty cool. Given that "Approximately 1 in 2 RISE OF THE COMBINERS Booster Packs contains a Character Card needed to form a Combiner character" this dude will probably be (by miles!) the easiest combiner to complete.