Thread: (FOR SALE) Cheap flights to Japan!

Default (FOR SALE) Cheap flights to Japan!

(2 x return flights from Melb to Osaka, 3-16 March. $1400 for both, $700 a piece, though hesitant to split. )

What are you selling, Ploughmans Lunch?
    Two tickets to Japan

Where in Japan?
    Osaka!

Where from?
    Melbourne

When does this flight leave?
    Departing 6:10 AM on 3rd of March, 2016. Arriving at 6 PM (Osaka time)

When does it return?
    Departing Osaka at 20:55 (8:55 PM) on 16th March, 2016. Arriving in Melbourne at 13:50 (1:50 PM) on 17th March 2016.

Who with?
    Jetstar

How much are these flights?
    $1400 (so $700 per person)

How much would these be normally, right now?
    With everything, over $2k.

What's included?
    Preassigned seating next to a window. 20KG of luggage allowance per person both there and back. TRANSFER FEES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.

Why are you selling these
    I was going to go with a friend, but circumstances/school/work changed, so we can't go now. You should, though!

Can you change the date/times/origin/destinations of flights for (insert reason)?
    Alas, no, I cannot.

I have other questions
    Ask away!

I thought they didn't allow name changes on tickets. How can you sell them and re-assign name?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I thought they didn't allow name changes on tickets. How can you sell them and re-assign name?
    Been a while since I last worked in the travel industry but this is probably the key issue here. For slight name changes eg. spelling mistakes etc, a re-issue fee will be involved but for a total name change it may only be possible if this was a full fare ie. pretty much the rack rate. Given the pricing, this would be a promotional class fare and would come with a crap ton of restrictions. Maybe best to have a quick read of the fare restrictions and if refund is available, it maybe the best route to go to recoup a proportion of the funds if you are not able to travel. Best do this soon as it gets much harder the closer it gets to departure date. Good luck with this.

I called Jetstar before I posted this here/elsewhere to check what the deal was, since it was becoming apparent we couldn't go during March. Obviously a refund was ideal (even a partial one), but the tickets we'd bought were non-refundable.

Jetstar did advise that a full name/details change could be done for $50 per flight (8 flights in total, so $400). So I included that in the price of the flights, so I'm going off what they told me.

The big issue seems to be people thinking they'll be able to change the dates/times of the flights, which tbh is not feasible/there isn't much point.

Don't worry, I did my homework. Wouldn't post this here if it were impossible/impractical.

Good to know that they're not that strict on name changes but bugger about the no refunds. Did the sales agent also say that date changes weren't allowed for this fare or are people asking to change the dates to shoulder or peak period? Usually you can change dates by paying a reissue fee but you will also need to pay any additional if you cross departure seasonality or if the promotional fare is past the sale period.

Well hope circumstances change and you are either able to travel or get some money back.

Part of it is that the return flights were $0 fares, so the return tickets would be basically the cost of a new fare. Also part of me just doesn't want to.

Thanks! I've had some interest elsewhere and I'm pretty sure these can be sold soon.