Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone trying Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    just waiting for my notification to install....
    so just waiting now....
    Right with you dude.

I've been using Windows 8 & 8.1 sparingly up until about a month and a bit ago when I built a new rig and bought my own copy of Win8.1, having used WinXP primarily for over a decade.

Now I'm just waiting in the Win10 cue in order to ride this new wave; I'm not liking the forecast mandatory updates for "Home"-users (There are going to be issues there, be prepared and backup! ), but the reasonable amount of research I've done and the assurance from my salesman Brother tells me one should expect a better PC experience than Me, Vista, 8 and 8.1.

After all, the Marketing Department didn't make this one!

I actually found out how to install in first ...

you have to change your region and keyboard setting to US
    then download which version upgrade you want....
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

the upgrade is quite good... but I had to reinstall my graphic driver ...
    and my optical 5.1 setting doesn't work ...only stereo ....they the two major bugs....

I went and did a fresh install now as well after I upgraded to get your win10 key ....
    and I tell you a fresh install is a pain... the graphic drivers wont install until I found out you have to do and advance install and not express setting...
    and there a lot of customising the set up to be used properly ...

Now I need a mic so I can talk to Cortana .....

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Nope! Windows 7 runs perfectly for me. Why make my life more difficult?
    ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    ^ this
    lol ....cause it new !! you need change to excite you ...and it actually more stable ....
    With win8 ....I never had a crash...When a program crashes it just resets back to the whole desktop ...which I love... I remember with win7 ...when it crashes it just freezes then you have to manually restart the whole computer

Well I try Contana today.... I was expecting her to do stuff like open folder and run program.... no such luck... it mainly for the phone , so she can just basically search thing for you using Bing and open apps like weather and calendar... same a siri but worst cause siri responses are heaps funnier ....

been using Edge for browsing as well...and the draw feature there but you never going to use it so that more for the phone and tablet ....
    internet explorer is still in there but is hidden...

The only thing that a bigger notice is that win10 load a lot quicker that 8.1

It'll take something big to make me switch now, like w10 xboner ports of Forza or Rare. Otherwise I'll let everyone else beta test and sign up at the 11th hour.

I'm on Win 8 ATM and from my POV, the amount of time I've invested getting this thing to purr like a kitten, I'm not making the switch anytime soon. Besides, I like my privacy
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I 'reserved' my copy but nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I 'reserved' my copy but nothing yet.
    you can install it manually if you like...link in the above post...

the edge browser just take too many resources and i found very slow....plus it didn't have adblock plus , and i didn't realise how many site i visit got so much advertising that it slow down the pages alot!...
    so im back to using chrome now it nice and fast ....

Megatron Guest

I recently upgraded to Win10 from Windows 8.1 and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    The install was a bit of a wrestle, and still isnt perfect.
    My computer is slower but im not 100% sure why

Its better than 8
    Everything is better than vista

Well its now windows 10.
    You have to upgrade first, then later, you can do a clean install if you want.

Its just nice to have a proper start button again
    These are my first impressions as it only finished installing like 1am last night:

- It failed to recognize my Nvidia card properly so it gave it a generic 'VGA' driver so everything looked big and crap. I had to download and re-install the driver.

- Like Morg, I found it to be slower - It seems to spend more time crunching on the HDD - However when I check Task Manager, I don't see any single service/application taking up so many resources to cause it. Hoping that is only a passing thing otherwise it may be a bit of a killer - You expect at least the same level of performance as Win7 on a decently specced PC that is above the recommended requirements.

- The interface is familiar to Windows 7 users so not annoying as crap like Win8. Start menu that opens an apps/explorer folder - Easy and familiar enough

- This is aesthetics only so open to opinion - I don't like the theme in which windows look 'simplistic' like if drawn by a pen and a ruler (try opening calculator on win10 for an upfront example). To me it still looks like trying to emulate an Iphone but retro which to me sucks ass. This is the 21st century, I don't need a hipster OS which wants to be retro but does it wrong.

- You can't just magnify Window content (like Apps) with Ctrl-plus (+). You need to have this annoying 'magnifier' app window floating around which you have to click on to activate instead of shortcuts (as far as I know).