Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill Valley - October 21st 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Discussing Back to the Future at work today my unpopular opinion was that the third part is my favourite.

Was going to post this as #unpopularopinion when a though struck me: The third film features a doctor who travels in time and space with a school teacher named Clara.

Must be something others have notice before right?

Anyway, yeah I'd like part 2 the most as a kid but as an adult I prefer part 3. Can't wait until 1885.
    just a though .... So the doc to blame for not having flying car anymore.... !! he must of changed the past again! great scotts!!

Studying engineering ruined the concept of time travel for me
    If you know what flux and a capacitor is, you definitely know that it's not enough for that car to time travel.

Compare that to the time machine movie, I do not know what makes that work ?

Cool concept for kids though.

I'm happy to have at least been able to take the BTTF ride at Universal Studios in the early 2000's. Always thought that it would always be there. But it's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I'm happy to have at least been able to take the BTTF ride at Universal Studios in the early 2000's. Always thought that it would always be there. But it's gone now.
    It was only recently replaced by the Simpsons ride when I first went to Universal Studios in 2009... so I imagine that it would have been very popular this year if it had survived this long.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It was only recently replaced by the Simpsons ride when I first went to Universal Studios in 2009... so I imagine that it would have been very popular this year if it had survived this long.
    Yeah, I saw the Simpsons ride in 2013 but didn't take it since I went to the TF Shop instead (near closing time). The group (family) I was with said it was good too but I didn't want them to wait for me because I missed the ride.

Agreed that the ride would've probably have the longest line today (this week) if the ride was still there. Something universal studios missed.

Universal in Japan still has the BTTF ride as far as I know. The lines for that ride are always massive. I can't imagine how long the lines will be this weekend (or last weekend)

Even though it is the 22nd here, it is currently the 21st in America, so the date is getting a bit of attention... even on the old fogy version of ABC radio here, playing one of the songs (Back in Time) and noting the date in America.

I was trying to look up the actual time of their arrival in Hill Valley, and from what I can tell, it was 4.29pm (California time - I believe that was the state they were in), which according to this website, occurred 1 hour and 28 minutes ago.
    So based on the movie events, they are currently running around Hill Valley right now, because they don't leave until 3-4 hours later.
    (since I don't currently have my BTTF DVDs with me to check the actual times, I have to rely on interweb info)

Time to go find them!

I found it amusing how this was all over our news yesterday when the movie itself is set in the US
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I remember going to the Back to the Future ride at Universal Florida back in 1992, it was a highlight of the entire theme part back then. I was disappointed not to see it there when I've been at Universal LA in the last decade.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I remember going to the Back to the Future ride at Universal Florida back in 1992, it was a highlight of the entire theme part back then. I was disappointed not to see it there when I've been at Universal LA in the last decade.
    It should be Indiana Jones ride That's still there and one of the longest lines especially during holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    It should be Indiana Jones ride That's still there and one of the longest lines especially during holiday season.
    that was at Disney magic Kingdom,
    with the live show at MGM/Disney's Hollywood studios
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)