Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks great, probably expensive though.
    Plastic I doubt it be more than thrust.

I just hope this new Megatron doesn't lean like this one after a few years.

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Makes me wonder what they were thinking with Megatron 1.0. It's like they actually tried to recreate the G1 toy. It really looks awful in those pics.

The first MP Megs looks like he's about to pull a jojo pose

Interesting take on the colour scheme from the TFW boards. Apparently the translation says this is a 3D printed model and as such is more matte than the final version will be.

I've already been a permit holder since MP5 Megatron, so paperwork wise I'm right. And I'll most likely be turning to a Japan-based store. My MP5 was pre-ordered from HLJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Makes me wonder what they were thinking with Megatron 1.0. It's like they actually tried to recreate the G1 toy. It really looks awful in those pics.
    To be fair, that toy was released in 2007 - 10 years apart from when this new MP Megatron will be released. TakaraTOMY have progressed a lot in the way that they engineer and design their toys. And while MP36 looks much nicer in robot mode, MP5 still looks more accurate in gun mode. MP5 compromised robot accuracy for alt mode accuracy whereas MP36 has compromised alt mode accuracy for robot accuracy.

MP-36 Looks like it'll have one hell of a transformation!

IT LOOKS AWESOME!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I think just send an email to PC first and see if they are willing to get the paperwork done in order to import and sell.

If they know the demand is there from us, then they might be willing to go through all the red tape.

If the answer is no, then think about getting the required paperwork yourself.
    I'm buying 2 from Premium Collectables if they stock him.

Battle damage and internal optics look great. Neat reference to the 1986 movie there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    To be fair, that toy was released in 2007 - 10 years apart from when this new MP Megatron will be released.
    Also don't forget MP-5 was designed in 12 days. Normally it takes months to years to design a Transformers toy. I'm not a fan of Yuki's work but even I will admit that wasn't a useful time constraint to be under.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.