Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

I did not know that (reference link for anyone else who didn't know)! That makes MP5 extra cool. It usually takes a year to create a Transformer from inception to final product.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I did not know that (reference link for anyone else who didn't know)! That makes MP5 extra cool. It usually takes a year to create a Transformer from inception to final product.
    He also designed MP-4's trailer in a single night and if I recall correctly MP-24 wasn't a typical length development cycle either. He works fast, but some extra time would probably be good for my overall opinion of his work.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    He also designed MP-4's trailer in a single night and if I recall correctly MP-24 wasn't a typical length development cycle either. He works fast, but some extra time would probably be good for my overall opinion of his work.
    TT shouldn't had rushed him as he left out roller for MP4

I always wished for a replacement for MP-5 in bot mode (because i have MP-1) so i could display him properly with out worrying about falling over all the time.

might have to get me an MP-10 to display bot modes i guess. I think MP-36 looks rubbish as a gun (compared to MP-5).

MP5 is a fine display piece, but I'm really looking forward to getting an MP Megatron that I can PLAY with! ...and isn't infuriatingly counter-intuitive to transform. I can think of several positive words to describe MP5, but "fun" isn't one of them.

I've never transformed my MP5... always heard too many reports of breaking stuff. I'm sure if you're careful it'd be ok, so when I get MP36 I think it'll be time to change MP5 Megs into gun mode.

You've owned a toy for 9 years that you've never transformed? The little tabs are fragile, I did end up snapping off one of those, and the shoulder panels are prone to falling off (but are easy to put back on). But the transformation is a combination of being heinously difficult/complex and counter-intuitive which leads to it being more frustrating than fun to transform. Other toys like Big Convoy, BT/ALT Grimlock/Wheeljack and RotF Leader Optimus Prime tend to suffer from this. Toys like MP Ironhide/Ratchet are complex toy, but they're intuitive and fun to transform. All the post-MP10 MPs are generally fun and intuitive, which has possibly contributed to the rise in popularity in this line (which translates to TakaraTOMY producing more figures to satiate consumer demand).

P.S.: This stop motion video shows how MP5 transforms (both from gun to robot then robot to gun). This poor sod's MP5 has that ugly orange plug in the barrel, which is another reason why I'll probably pre-order MP36 directly from a Japanese dealer. I don't want any barrel plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You've owned a toy for 9 years that you've never transformed? The little tabs are fragile, I did end up snapping off one of those, and the shoulder panels are prone to falling off (but are easy to put back on). But the transformation is a combination of being heinously difficult/complex and counter-intuitive which leads to it being more frustrating than fun to transform. Other toys like Big Convoy, BT/ALT Grimlock/Wheeljack and RotF Leader Optimus Prime tend to suffer from this. Toys like MP Ironhide/Ratchet are complex toy, but they're intuitive and fun to transform. All the post-MP10 MPs are generally fun and intuitive, which has possibly contributed to the rise in popularity in this line (which translates to TakaraTOMY producing more figures to satiate consumer demand).
    Haha, nah only got into collecting again 3 years ago and that's when I scored him... been on display since. One good thing, though - he never fell over during the Mackay earthquake a few months back. I heard he can shatter.

Errr...I've owned my MP05 for 9 years and never Transformed him. Also, I display him without tbe fusion cannon as it's way too heavy. He holds his pistol instead.
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com

Mine is displayed using a doll stand to hold him upright. Works fine and can't really notice it. But I do want this one