Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th June 2018, 10:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Will be trying very hard to get a creator pirate coaster from the big W sale for $75, other than that, nothing really piques the interest from their sale. It'll be tough as I am sure it will be a hot ticket item, if only by scalpers wanting to profit from the rollercoaster pieces.
Old 12th July 2018, 03:25 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

New city passenger train at Myer Penrith but it did not scan up. Had the diner for $199 which was very tempting and two Taj Mahals.

Also had the other artic city sets and still had some han solo brickheadz as well as Jurassic World sets out in a special section at the entrance to the toy area.
Old 13th July 2018, 03:18 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Do you know if the taj mahal scanned as 50% off last Saturday? There were pics posted on FB the Myer City store.
Old 13th July 2018, 03:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
Will be trying very hard to get a creator pirate coaster from the big W sale for $75, other than that, nothing really piques the interest from their sale. It'll be tough as I am sure it will be a hot ticket item, if only by scalpers wanting to profit from the rollercoaster pieces.
Did you get one?
Old 13th July 2018, 05:47 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
Did you get one?
Managed to nab one at target at $75. Happy with that price and the build is lovely. Only problem is that it requires a mighty shove from the top of the first crest to get around the corner and down the main slope. Not a good design, especially with the pirate skull that likes to catch on the coaster carriages and minifigs.

I will be trying some modding once I can be bothered getting on bricklink and getting a few pieces. $2.50 a piece for coaster track is not as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 13th July 2018, 06:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
Managed to nab one at target at $75. Happy with that price and the build is lovely. Only problem is that it requires a mighty shove from the top of the first crest to get around the corner and down the main slope. Not a good design, especially with the pirate skull that likes to catch on the coaster carriages and minifigs.

I will be trying some modding once I can be bothered getting on bricklink and getting a few pieces. $2.50 a piece for coaster track is not as bad as I thought it would be.
I love it! Beautiful set. The 2 alt builds are great as well, since one uses all the straight track and the other all the curves, buying another 2 sets would give you a whole other circuit of track (if you leave the decorative curve off one of the alt builds). Instant pirate-themed theme park.

The gauge is the same as the terrible mine-cart system used for old rollercoasters, but does mean you can push the cannon around the track...
Old 13th July 2018, 07:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I havenít been allowed to knock down and rebuild, my daughter lives the roller coaster too much and she lost her mind with giggles when she worked out the cannon backwards down the big hill worked (crashed forward facing). Sheís also enjoyed having the minifigures get caught by the octopus and piloting the pirate ship, getting stuck in gaol etc.

It is a lovely set but I really want to see what happens if I raise the first crest on more track piece, Iíll need two steep pieces (ascending and descending and then no idea what Iíll do with the other side... itís cheaper to buy the rail pieces than another set or two even with the target price of $75.

Got to save money to update all the Harry Potter sets... if we ever see them!